• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Livonia Mi!!!

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We here in Cheeseland want the UP back. We've offered the doofuses in Ann Arbor $20 and a box of Leinies for it.
You never had the UP, the western portion of it was once included in the Indiana territory and when Indiana and then Illinoisis became states the entire region became the Michigan Territory.
150px-Michigan-territory-1805-1818.png

275px-Michigan-territory-1830-blue.png

275px-Michigan-territory-1834-blue.png

When we had our little tiff with Ohio over that smelly little strip during our rise to statehood the UP was given to us (Even though it had always been part of Michigan Territory, the proposed borders of the state were simply redrawn. Wisconsin Territory was created after we defined our state border in 1836 and never included the western UP.
275px-Michigan-territory-1836.png

That said, feel free to take it. The lazy do nothing Yoopers spend 9 months of the year on state assistance because literally the only thing they have going for them is tourism these days. But I think you'll have to fight them, they want to create their own state, Superior (inferiority complex anyone?). But we get to keep Isle Royale.

Also, why would you go to Ann Arbor? State Capitol is Lansing.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm all in with my $100 and looking forward to getting a Blue Elio next year!!!!
Jim C, welcome from Jim H in New Mexico and to the forum where you will find the latest information on the development and production of the Elio. Forum members are friendly and helpful so if you can't find an answer using the forum search function, just ask. Enjoy the Elio experience and the journey to ownership.

Jim C

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Jim, Welcome to the ElioOwners.com forum from Atlanta, GA! :)

Glad you are excited about the Elio and decided to put your hard earn money down on one of these fun new vehicles. I see you are based in Livonia, you wouldn't happen to know anybody who works for Technosports there in Livonia? Technosports is the company which actually builds the prototypes for Elio Motors and from what we have heard they are supposed to begin building the next prototype before the end of September.

You have joined a very diverse group of people from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

We have a survey we like reservation holders to fill out if they wish as it really helps us visualize the growing numbers and locations of future Elio Owners. For now information visit this link: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-reservation-map-and-survey.1129/

We also have a thread for our many current and former service members to introduce themselves. If that applies to you or you would just like to read about other members' service make sure you visit this thread and introduce yourself as we have quite a few veterans among us:http://www.elioowners.com/threads/military-service.1118/

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum pl. To ease be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

Hi Goofy one. To answer your question no I don't know any one that works at Technosports, but it is interesting to know the are building the prototypes. I am going to have to look them up and see where they are located.

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I gotta do some digging. I know I've seen a territorial map that says different somewhere.

The capitol thing? Pure brain fart. Whoops...
Reading the timeline more closely Wisconsin Territory was organized July 3rd 1836 during the Toledo War, Congress pressured Michigan Territory to accept the trade of the Toledo Strip for the western UP which was accepted by us December 1836. I was a bit wrong I guess, but technically saying you Cheeselander's want all of the UP back is like saying that you also want all of Minnesota, Iowa and Eastern North and South Dakota back, and wanting them to throw in the rest of the Dakota's too. Or like Michigan saying we want all of WI, MN, IA, ND and SD back because it was part of our Michigan Territory land. It's just not how the Northwestern Ordinance worked.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm all in with my $100 and looking forward to getting a Blue Elio next year!!!!

Thanks for joining, and WELCOME to our Elio Family Forum. Soon, we hope, to be able to start adding "baby Elio" pictures to this Family Forum as they are "born." Mean time, we are just all waiting for word that the Shreveport "crib" is being readied. :rolleyes:

Certainly glad to have you on board and look forward too reading your "posts!"

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Unless it moved, it's still WEST of Detroit.

We here in Cheeseland want the UP back. We've offered the doofuses in Ann Arbor $20 and a box of Leinies for it.

LOL, my bad... left on the map is west. Thanks for the correction.

Canada is east of Detroit. Hope I did better on that one!

Top Bottom