• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Western Canada

genebee

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have been lurking for a while now, but thought I should introduce myself.
I'll probably be the first Canadian to get a Elio since I reserved one through my sister in Oregon.
I'm in for the refundable and waiting patiently for production to start.
I'm quite familiar with most things mechanical so I'm not too disappointed in the delays, in fact I expect them.
GB

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll probably be the first Canadian to get a Elio since I reserved one through my sister in Oregon.
I'm quite familiar with most things mechanical so I'm not too disappointed in the delays, in fact I expect them.
GB
Hi and welcome from Oregon, genebee. Where does your sister live and is she getting an Elio? Do you know if you will have any trouble taking it into Canada at all? I have been curious because I know we have 2 or 3 other members from Canada who are simply following the Elio and waiting with hopes their turn will come eventually. I look forward to hearing more about what you will need to do to get this vehicle registered and licensed in Canada. Please keep in touch so we will know what happens and enjoy this exciting journey to Elio production and ownership. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
GB, Welcome aboard the S.S. Elio! :)

We are very glad to have you join in the conversation and glad you were willing to put down some of you hard earned loonies to see this happen.:D

As Z said we have several Canadian members among our international contingent however you are the first one that I know of to actually make a reservation. I am glad to hear you are realistic about the schedule as even though we all want it to happen as soon as possible there is just so much that has to happen that some deviations from the timeline are unfortunately inevitable.

As you likely already know you have joined a very diverse group of people from all over the country who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

We have a survey we like reservation holders to fill out if they wish as it really helps us visualize the growing numbers and locations of future Elio Owners. We would love to have you be our first international member with a reservation on the map.:) For now information visit this link: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-reservation-map-and-survey.1129/

We also have a thread for our many current and former service members to introduce themselves. If that applies to you visit this thread:http://www.elioowners.com/threads/military-service.1118/

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum please be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

genebee

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, genebee. Where does your sister live and is she getting an Elio? Do you know if you will have any trouble taking it into Canada at all? I have been curious because I know we have 2 or 3 other members from Canada who are simply following the Elio and waiting with hopes their turn will come eventually. I look forward to hearing more about what you will need to do to get this vehicle registered and licensed in Canada. Please keep in touch so we will know what happens and enjoy this exciting journey to Elio production and ownership. :) Z
Thanks for the welcome Z. Sister lives near Portland. She has not reserved a Elio for herself yet, but I'll bet she will get one when she see' mine.
There will be a few hoops to jump through such as daytime running lights. speedo in kms. etc. and of course helmut laws but nothing too difficult.
I have registered a few American cars and haven't had any problems. If it gets too difficult, I may have to register it as a Hot Rod. Time will tell GB

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Z. Sister lives near Portland. She has not reserved a Elio for herself yet, but I'll bet she will get one when she see' mine.
There will be a few hoops to jump through such as daytime running lights. speedo in kms. etc. and of course helmut laws but nothing too difficult.
I have registered a few American cars and haven't had any problems. If it gets too difficult, I may have to register it as a Hot Rod. Time will tell GB
I am not going to go out to my car to check, but don't most car speedometers show both mph and kmh? I am also hoping the Elio will have daytime running lights because I am so used to them in my Camry. I never have to turn my headlights on or off because it is automatic. One time my sister turned the headlights on and I couldn't figure out why they didn't go off immediately when I shut off the engine. They stayed on until I opened the door. It took me a while to realize someone had turned the head lights on and never turned them off. LOL Live and learn. :) Z

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
GB
Welcome GB

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
GB
Welcome to the forum and the Elio family. I can visualize a sleek Elio cruising down the highway with a bright red maple leaf painted on it. Enjoy the forum and we look forward to your comments and opinions through the transition from development to production.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
GB
WELCOME, genebee! Will that Elio be paid for with "Loonies?" :)

Happy to have you with us gene! Guess one could say that you are opening up a completely new frontier. A? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom