• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello, Hello

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Just sold half my Elio shares so I've got my money back no matter what happens.
But, I would rather be driving my Elio.
If it takes until 2020 that will be alright because my old car had to go but no Elio!
So, now I have payments for 4 years.................that should be about the time
Elio hits the market..............or not. Craig

I too would love to hear the number of shares, price per share, and fees you paid for selling them. Thanks!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Just found Elio owners site a few days ago. Looks like a lot of the things I've been wondering about are being discussed here, like sliding production start up schedule and such. Went all in in October and really looking forward to getting my Elio! Because I probably won't buy a motorcycle at this point in my life, I hope the Elio is a reasonable substitute. Looking forward to road trips!

Welcome Jeb! You went in about 6 months ago it sounds like, but congrats belatedly on your reservation. Yes it will be interesting to see as we each drive our Elio, if we treat it more like a motorcycle or more like a car. A surprisingly large % of folks on this forum have either owned a motorcycle or own one now.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just sold half my Elio shares so I've got my money back no matter what happens.
But, I would rather be driving my Elio.
If it takes until 2020 that will be alright because my old car had to go but no Elio!
So, now I have payments for 4 years.................that should be about the time
Elio hits the market..............or not. Craig
It is my understanding you will have to pay capitol gains tax? Curious how much that could be percentage wise.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think short term gains (investments held less than a year) are taxed at the same percentage as your income tax bracket. So for most of us that would probably be 25% - 33%.
Interesting perspective. Most Americans now pay 0% income tax. But the average TAXPAYER is probably in that 25% - 33% category. The burden continues to get shifted away from me and I appreciate those who are keeping the nation afloat.

They don't even want me to file anymore like they did in the old days. You use to have to file, even if you didn't pay anything.

Top Bottom