• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Here I Am Happy In Seattle

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
disappointing no rain-just overcast, now the sun's peeking thru. Tomorrow seems to be the challenge- wind +rain!
Gonna try my hand with public transportation this a.m. seems like a real easy shot downtown, not sure about the transfer from one bus to another
The drivers will help you out; plus there should be some flyers on the bus with different Metro information. Or you could look it online.
This might help you too Metro Trip Planner

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've found the trick to living in the Pacific Northwest. Go South November to April.
had that covered on the east coast- "snow-birds" for a few years 'till I moved to FLA full-time. Tomorrow a first big test here, an early in the year wind/rain event with concern that with leafs on trees, chance of power failures - I'll take it over potential tropical storm over FLA in a few days, although palm trees are, by nature, designed to take the wind. Hey, like I got a choice!!
Buses worked very well, downtown in 15 minutes, transfer to another and bingo- I can see me using the bus more, my car less- they even have dedicated bus lanes for the a.m./p.m. commute (upside of retirement no need to worry about rush hours!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
had that covered on the east coast- "snow-birds" for a few years 'till I moved to FLA full-time. Tomorrow a first big test here, an early in the year wind/rain event with concern that with leafs on trees, chance of power failures - I'll take it over potential tropical storm over FLA in a few days, although palm trees are, by nature, designed to take the wind. Hey, like I got a choice!!
Buses worked very well, downtown in 15 minutes, transfer to another and bingo- I can see me using the bus more, my car less- they even have dedicated bus lanes for the a.m./p.m. commute (upside of retirement no need to worry about rush hours!!
One thing you have to remember here; the main weather admin is run by a guy named "Usually Wong"
So when they miss it, don't be surprised.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
give 'em a break (or in Eio speak brake), even a broken clock/ dead battery is right twice in 24 hours.
Watch for the thought police, or perhaps use spell checker:p

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
give 'em a break (or in Eio speak brake), even a broken clock/ dead battery is right twice in 24 hours.
Watch for the thought police, or perhaps use spell checker:p
That's what I forgot to ask if you picked up yet, your tin foil hat! :tinfoil3:

They sell them at all the stores up there :becky:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well,I told how very unusual today's weather is/was (Very High winds) 40k+ still w/o power. Strange is just how sporadic the outages seem (near me) traffic lights out, some blocks with /some without power. across from me dark- just lucky.
Obviously 'till now there has been no need to bury cables here.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You're in a very old part of town; your area was one of the first "suburbs" to the north of downtown.
Spotty power outage, nothing new at all, actually quite typical.

And wait till it gets really windy; tree falling through houses will be the lead news story that day.

Top Bottom