• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Here I Am Happy In Seattle

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for OR to open its retail stores so I can do price comparisons. (Weed is legal in OR now also).
OR has no sales tax so that will take almost 10% off the cost; that's why I go there for smokes.
WA wants like $87+ for a carton while in OR I get them for $50.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm waiting for OR to open its retail stores so I can do price comparisons. (Weed is legal in OR now also).
OR has no sales tax so that will take almost 10% off the cost; that's why I go there for smokes.
Of course, it's still illegal to take it out of the state it was purchased in... :rolleyes:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score

..... And I remember my mom fussing at dad for spending $3.50 per carton. Times have changed....

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just in time for the "Hempfest Weekend"
Now I see how I'm gonna get through the winter, after 12 years in FLA.!!
I will, in fact be LOL!!
BTW, and for real, I do live on "Stone Way" Karma???
I had not thought of this before, are a lot of people movong to the NorthWest because of this? Portland was a kind of pot-head city before, but now? Also Seattle is an easier place to get a job usually. So, what do you think the social and ecconomic affects have been of legalization?

I garentee my 'step' kids wish they were up there now. When the boy was up there his peers were making thier survival money that way. Now afterward, I wonder if it's hurt the street side business or helped. OK, maybe not the boy, he says he's see no redeeming value in it anymore. But, he could also just be telling the the load of crock he thinks I want to hear. lol.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the irony of it. My older brother still lives in CO (also legal), and says that the state is using a lot of the tax money collected from the sale of weed for public schools/education. If I remember correctly (late 70's), if there was 'weed' involved, I was ditching class that day. :rolleyes:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had not thought of this before, are a lot of people moving to the NorthWest because of this? Portland was a kind of pot-head city before, but now? Also Seattle is an easier place to get a job usually. So, what do you think the social and ecconomic affects have been of legalization?

I guarantee my 'step' kids wish they were up there now. When the boy was up there his peers were making their survival money that way. Now afterward, I wonder if it's hurt the street side business or helped. OK, maybe not the boy, he says he's see no redeeming value in it anymore. But, he could also just be telling the the load of crock he thinks I want to hear. lol.
after a week here-
the State taxes the headshops 25% upfront for all business costs i.e.salaries, rents, utilities, and of course the "product" What was once assumed to be a pathway to success, has driven out many of the shops. After to talking to my "kids" (42.and50) and their friends, the small business will be absorbed by the large food manufacturers that now control our food "production". The loophole of "medical" weed is being leaned on, as a result of everyone's medical needs.-Sort of like the disabled parking tag, some states (Fla) get a Dr RX and done, NYC you need to go to their DR, submit med history and can still be denied.
In answer to your q Amazon and other tech Companies drive the economy, everything is very expensive. I have yet to meet someone who moved here (City of Seattle) to be close to their source.
My other impression, as the state keeps pressure on, and unless the legal locations can undercut the street prices, it won't be successful. (there is, as the rest of the U.S. easy access)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
after a week here-
the State taxes the headshops 25% upfront for all business costs i.e.salaries, rents, utilities, and of course the "product" What was once assumed to be a pathway to success, has driven out many of the shops. After to talking to my "kids" (42.and50) and their friends, the small business will be absorbed by the large food manufacturers that now control our food "production". The loophole of "medical" weed is being leaned on, as a result of everyone's medical needs.-Sort of like the disabled parking tag, some states (Fla) get a Dr RX and done, NYC you need to go to their DR, submit med history and can still be denied.
In answer to your q Amazon and other tech Companies drive the economy, everything is very expensive. I have yet to meet someone who moved here (City of Seattle) to be close to their source.
My other impression, as the state keeps pressure on, and unless the legal locations can undercut the street prices, it won't be successful. (there is, as the rest of the U.S. easy access)
Well, I guess the result will be higher usage then before. There will be little perceptible difference between legal and non-legal stash. Makes it easier for users. Personally I don't think anyone should self medicate with anything, ever. That includes alcohol and caffeine IMHO. But putting a focus on harder drugs or DUI issues seems more prudent to me.

Top Bottom