• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Here's An Idea

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read some where on here, I think, that computer programs and repair manuals would be made available to those who could use then or their mechanics.
I think my guy said the program would be helpful if not necessary to work on the thing.
MK

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From what I've seen and read, most everything on the E should be fairly easy to service and repair. Except for the "revolutionary" engine.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope, if Wally World got the service contract, they would become Elio Dealers.......
And Elios would be outsourced to China.

I'm not sure I agree with that one. It's possible to be good at one's job and have a good attitude about it but still be horrible at people skills. One good example of that would be me. :)
My wife, who in addition to being a former nurse, has had plenty of experience with doctors on her own case. When I was due for cardiac surgery, she insisted I find the sorriest, most ego-driven SOB in the OR to perform my bypass. It seems that most great surgeons have a lousy bedside manner, seeing you as a meat-puzzle to be solved, rather than a patient to be treated. She was right. If you want a friend, buy a dog, but if you want the best surgeon in the house, go for the senior one with the attitude problem. He got where he is based on his skills, not his personality.

I suspect that the same applies to service work. You want a person who is totally focused on the problem rather than holding your hand. It doesn't make for great customer relations, but a glib service writer can do the public relations work while the mechanic uses his superior mechanical talents to turn the wrenches. ;)

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back on the original topic, re: an owner's club, we have the beginnings of one right here. I've been involved with another automotive forum for well over ten years, beginning when the brand wasn't even marketed in all parts of the country and knowledgeable service was hard to find in some areas. The internet picked up the slack and a group of owners got together online to share experiences and for the mechanics and hobbyists in the group, their own expertise. Over the years, Club Lexus has become THE online source for those wanting everything from tech tips to assistance with a full engine swap, with over 217,000 members and about four times that number of visitors, you can find advice, experience, even illustrated step-by-step instructions on some of the more arcane procedures developed by owners - many not even covered in the service literature.

General forums cover the state of the brand, including coming products and critiques of existing models. Individual model forums, maintenance, tire and wheel, electronics, and even detailing forums are frequented by those looking for advice and experienced individuals willing to lend a hand. Classifieds offer parts - usually spares or leftovers from a restoration project, while there are even forums for those who want to swap - even buy - entire cars. You learn to use the forum search engines to locate your own answers, or you can throw out a question to the group. Every effort is made to maintain a convivial, helpful, and family-oriented atmosphere on the forums, and many have become personal friends - even if scattered across the country. This is also an opportunity to organize local clubs, stage meets or tours for owners who are just itching for an excuse for a drive and a cup of coffee with like-minded owners.

We have a lot of the basics in place here, and as the Elio goes into production, I imagine we will begin to shift the focus of this forum from speculation and production ideas to specific option reviews, maintenance and service tips. However the Elio community shakes out, you can be assured, this site will play a large part in the evolution of the owner experience. :)

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back on the original topic, re: an owner's club, we have the beginnings of one right here. I've been involved with another automotive forum for well over ten years, beginning when the brand wasn't even marketed in all parts of the country and knowledgeable service was hard to find in some areas. The internet picked up the slack and a group of owners got together online to share experiences and for the mechanics and hobbyists in the group, their own expertise. Over the years, Club Lexus has become THE online source for those wanting everything from tech tips to assistance with a full engine swap, with over 217,000 members and about four times that number of visitors, you can find advice, experience, even illustrated step-by-step instructions on some of the more arcane procedures developed by owners - many not even covered in the service literature.

General forums cover the state of the brand, including coming products and critiques of existing models. Individual model forums, maintenance, tire and wheel, electronics, and even detailing forums are frequented by those looking for advice and experienced individuals willing to lend a hand. Classifieds offer parts - usually spares or leftovers from a restoration project, while there are even forums for those who want to swap - even buy - entire cars. You learn to use the forum search engines to locate your own answers, or you can throw out a question to the group. Every effort is made to maintain a convivial, helpful, and family-oriented atmosphere on the forums, and many have become personal friends - even if scattered across the country. This is also an opportunity to organize local clubs, stage meets or tours for owners who are just itching for an excuse for a drive and a cup of coffee with like-minded owners.

We have a lot of the basics in place here, and as the Elio goes into production, I imagine we will begin to shift the focus of this forum from speculation and production ideas to specific option reviews, maintenance and service tips. However the Elio community shakes out, you can be assured, this site will play a large part in the evolution of the owner experience. :)

I would imagine this site will shift exactly to what you posted.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I would imagine this site will shift exactly to what you posted.

We do have plenty of plans right along these lines and plenty more. I am sure we all hope the shift to a true Elio Owners site happens later this year. :)

Top Bottom