• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hesitations About Using The Elio As My Only Car???

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am very excited about this car but I have several hesitations about using this car as my only mode of transportation. I am worried about several practicality issues:

1. I am concerned that it won't be practical to take passengers. Once in a blue moon is ok but you can't exactly pick up your date in it :cool:.

2. I am also concerned as to how it will handle snow. Although it has front wheel drive, I am concerned that it is too light to get any traction is bad weather.

Should I really be too concerned about this? My daily driver is a pickup truck now so I am used to having lots of room all the time but it is very costly to drive all the time. I am pretty set on ordering an Elio but before I put down a $ reservation, I thought I would pose these questions.

Are you are buying an Elio for your only car?

Last edited:

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am very excited about this car but I have several hesitations about using this car as my only mode of transportation. I am worried about several practicality issues:

1. I am concerned that it won't be practical to take passengers. Once in a blue moon is ok but you can't exactly pick up your date in it :cool:.

2. I am also concerned as to how it will handle snow. Although it has front wheel drive, I am concerned that it is too light to get any traction is bad weather.

Should I really be too concerned about this? My daily driver is a pickup truck now so I am used to having lots of room all the time but it is very costly to drive all the time. I am pretty set on ordering an Elio but before I put down a $ reservation, I thought I would pose these questions.

Are you are buying an Elio for your only car?
No.... It will not be my only car. It will be my commuter/errand car. if I need to take more people I will have another vehicle. Right now in the immediate Family we have 5 Cars a truck and a scooter. But Mileage on the Elio Will be great so my little beater a 1996 saturn will probably get the boot.....Maybe the scooter to...... I like 2 wheels a lot, Miss my 84 Goldwing, the Elio will hopefully have a comfortable seat and it can become a vacation machine too. like my Goldwing was. Alreadt found on line a 150LBS trailer that the Elio should be able to Tow.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-pm5fj6lpJcQsjUN5Nl53TRaM8HzwwaCmYSlxAKtwmzxF4XqeSA.jpg
I really don't think anyone would use it as an only car. Commuter, touring, errands, poker runs, iron butt, rentals, pizza delivery, and any other things you can think of. :)

Ray Dolasin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I plan on using mine as a daily driver and touring, alternating between my GW trike and my F150. Using mainly the Elio.:)o_O

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess in most occasions the Elio will not be a primary vehicle. But, depending on your circumstances, it may work. The issues with passengers and snow are valid points.

My name for this vehicle is "choice". The Elio Choice. It offers many choices for many different people.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For me the Elio would be my only car to use unless I borrowed or rented another car when I need it. Good fit 90% of the time but it'd be tough for passengers. The main concern is the lack of a side passenger seat. If it's my only car, this may be a deal breaker for me. But for the same money, I'd be buying a car with 50 to 100k miles of wear and tear on it already o_O

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Legit concerns. Not sure i would want it as my sole car either. I have a Kia Sorento currently that will be the "family vehicle" I am buying the Elio as my everyday car and parking the Sorento and only using it for times for family events (mainly weekends). We figured car payment and gas for the Elio would be the same as I'm paying for gas alone now, so it was a no brainer, then a bargain once its paid off which won't take very long.

Top Bottom