• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hey You Cheerleaders, When Do You Think There Will Be A Major Financing Announcement?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a shot of reality for you Folks...not even EM knows if next year is when they'll eventually start production. The investors can decide to risk their money on the ELIO now, next year, the year after or not invest at all.
Should you not be reality dosing the the guy who claims 2019's production date. I've never advocated a production date. Maybe you need a douche of reality too. LOL PS I like your quote screen too. It describes you precisely at the nail that gets hammered on this issue. LOL

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul is free to make any factual announcement that he wishes to convey to his shareholders!
If Paul is in the middle of negotiations it's not likely he would publicly disclose the "play by play". There is no upside to that. Also, he may have signed a non-disclosure before entering into negotiations for funding.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My prediction is that Nasdaq will not list Elio and Paul Elio is out and Lichter restructures the company with him having complete ownership. He will then sell it to someone with deep pockets. Thats why I feel shares are worthless but company isn't. Any other predictions?
Humm.
Is this why the agreements are set up for Lighter to have control of the name "Elio Motors" in case of failure? So he can control the name and make the transition smoother for a possible next owner? Is he greasing the skids for a possible future collapse?

Who decides all avenues of possible funding have been exhausted and it is time to pull the plug? Is it Lichter? Would he do it by not extending deadlines of loan payments to him thus causing default on the part of EM? He probably believes in the concept and company, not Paul Elio. If PE can not make it happen, Lichter would console PE and then move on to the next person who can make it happen, possibly someone with deep pockets.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Humm.
Is this why the agreements are set up for Lighter to have control of the name "Elio Motors" in case of failure? So he can control the name and make the transition smoother for a possible next owner? Is he greasing the skids for a possible future collapse?

Who decides all avenues of possible funding have been exhausted and it is time to pull the plug? Is it Lichter? Would he do it by not extending deadlines of loan payments to him thus causing default on the part of EM? He probably believes in the concept and company, not Paul Elio. If PE can not make it happen, Lichter would console PE and then move on to the next person who can make it happen, possibly someone with deep pockets.
He can pull plug at anytime. He is not a stupid man. By pulling the loans he could get the whole company. Paul Elio owns most of the shares, but if plug pulled that means nothing. I find it highly unlikely someone would loan four hundred million to a start up, without taking control.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Paul is in the middle of negotiations it's not likely he would publicly disclose the "play by play". There is no upside to that. Also, he may have signed a non-disclosure before entering into negotiations for funding.

In reality...Paul has been negotiating with perspective funding sources since 2009...

During that time frame Elio Motors has released hundreds of news updates & stories designed to attract new reservation holders...

Paul's current silence is a disservice to his public shareholders...and to those who hold reservations for the Elio vehicle...

Transparency & honesty are the hallmarks of a good public CEO... in my opinion...Paul does not appear to be living up to these standards...

Last edited:

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul is an engineer by training, not a marketing, finance, or public relations expert. I would agree that he hasn't done enough to inspire confidence. From the beginning he should have been tinkering in his garage with the car while someone else did the selling of the story. But despite all that he did manage to secure 65,000 reservations, and raise $17 million dollars from "accredited" investors with Reg A+. These are people that have more money than most of us will ever see, and they felt good enough to invest in the project.

I honestly think Paul was banking on the ATVM loan, and had other sources on the back burner. The whole point of having us make a binding commitment to buy the car was to clear a hurdle for the government loan. But something caused that process to stall out, and now they are fighting in the bottom of the 9th to find funding. My own opinion is they will be listed on NASDAQ, because that's honestly not a very difficult hurdle to jump. Whether they can raise $100 million is total speculation at this point. NO ONE knows what investors will be willing to invest. They may invest $75,000 in total or it could blow past $100 million quickly.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On Saturday I found out that a funding source long thought dead was only dormant, and has now awakened. I have also learned that Elio is NOT DEAD, but is vigorously fighting for funding ... and getting somewhere.

Are you sharing confidential insider information with regards to Elio Motors...is Elio Motors aware of that you're sharing this knowledge with the forum...

Or...are your comments general public knowledge that can be easily verified by everyone...

Would you be kind enough to post a public link that would verify your comments are public information...

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you sharing confidential insider information with regards to Elio Motors...is Elio Motors aware of that you're sharing this knowledge with the forum...

Or...are your comments general public knowledge that can be easily verified by everyone...

Would you be kind enough to post a public link that would verify your comments are public information...
It seems we always see the next iPhone, Kindle Fire, or new tech gadget before it's officially released. I don't think the pidly "almost facts" that were presented constitute anything near what you are calling "insider information".

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems we always see the next iPhone, Kindle Fire, or new tech gadget before it's officially released. I don't think the pidly "almost facts" that were presented constitute anything near what you are calling "insider information".

Again...Here is Ekh's recent statement ...

"On Saturday I found out that a funding source long thought dead was only dormant, and has now awakened. I have also learned that Elio is NOT DEAD, but is vigorously fighting for funding ... and getting somewhere."

He's making a bold statement regards funding sources...most of those conversations are confidential...

So I'll restate my question in simpler terms...

Is his statement based upon hearsay...

Is his statement based upon public knowledge that was discovered on the Internet...

Is his statement pure fabrication...

It can only be one of the three choices...

Top Bottom