• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hi Everyone. Miami, Fl Representin'

Would you like Elio to offer a tow package for your vehicle?

• Total voters

PowPow

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Its great to be on board. I have a few questions...

Does anyone know if Elio will offer a tow package for the car?

My Elio would be my main vehicle and I would appreciate being able to do big shops at the malls, bring my bike along safely to events on the hitch carrier (not on the roof); and tow a kayak.

None of these endeavors will take more than 100 lbs--trailer weight included. Certainly much less than the weight of a second person. This addition would make this vehicle a total winner for me. No need to go elsewhere for a vehicle. Is this a possibility?

Where can I find a list of events? I need to drive the Elio before making a decision as to which transmission I'll be purchasing.

Is there an event planned for Miami, FL?

Have a great day, ya'll.

Lynn D

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PowPow welcome to the party.
1. EM at one time said no, last correspondence under consideration.
2. Events are being posted on eliomotors.com under the tab find us.
3. You will get to drive it (test drive) when the rest of us get to. :D
4. I have no idea about their future site visits.

Enjoy the ride.

PowPow

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Welcome from Arizona PowPow.. Lots of info here, the tow option has been discussed here. Nothing from Elio though.

Thanks for the warm welcome. :rolleyes: I do hope they offer the option so we know it's properly installed and all the weight distribution issues are addressed. I know of a 165 lb solar/pedal powered vehicle (ELF) that has the capacity to tow a landscape trailer. I saw it in one of the owner's videos. So the Elio can do it easily, I'm sure.

Putting a bike on the roof is beyond my capacity. None of my bikes are that feather light. And a roof rack doesn't address an errands run. That's a basic need for me, at least 2X per week...and the trunk doesn't have that capacity. So I do hope they increase the vehicle's utility by offering this feature at an affordable price. I'm sure it would help more people commit to buying one due to the extraordinary flexibility.

Happy Halloween, everyone.
:alien::bolt:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. :rolleyes: I do hope they offer the option so we know it's properly installed and all the weight distribution issues are addressed. I know of a 165 lb solar/pedal powered vehicle (ELF) that has the capacity to tow a landscape trailer. I saw it in one of the owner's videos. So the Elio can do it easily, I'm sure.

Putting a bike on the roof is beyond my capacity. None of my bikes are that feather light. And a roof rack doesn't address an errands run. That's a basic need for me, at least 2X per week...and the trunk doesn't have that capacity. So I do hope they increase the vehicle's utility by offering this feature at an affordable price. I'm sure it would help more people commit to buying one due to the extraordinary flexibility.

Happy Halloween, everyone.
:alien::bolt:
Besides the trunk, how about the space in the back seat?
Or how big of a shop do you do?

I would get too hung up about using the Elio as a Primary vehicle, it was never intended as a primary driver; Paul Elio himself calls it an - and - vehicle.
Towing is being considered; but no approvals have been announced from Elio Motors.
As for being a utility vehicle, eehhhh, it's not really meant for that.
It's 1,300lbs with 55hp

Putting the bike on the roof is beyond your capacity? The top of the roof on the Elio is 54"
6" (inches) more than 4'
What is making it that difficult for you?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I
small trailer would be cool, Not a deal breaker though,,,,,
I think I can load enough camping equipment in back seat and in the spacious trunk,
any thoughts?
If you go to the main page, in the upper right area is a box that you can do searches in; Type in "Camping" and it should return about a 100+ pages (headings) about camping with the Elio. This topic has been discussed a number of times.
IIRC a couple of people plan to tour the entire country after they receive their Elio's.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Its great to be on board. I have a few questions...

Does anyone know if Elio will offer a tow package for the car?

My Elio would be my main vehicle and I would appreciate being able to do big shops at the malls, bring my bike along safely to events on the hitch carrier (not on the roof); and tow a kayak.

None of these endeavors will take more than 100 lbs--trailer weight included. Certainly much less than the weight of a second person. This addition would make this vehicle a total winner for me. No need to go elsewhere for a vehicle. Is this a possibility?

Where can I find a list of events? I need to drive the Elio before making a decision as to which transmission I'll be purchasing.

Is there an event planned for Miami, FL?

Have a great day, ya'll.
PowPow, welcome to the forum. I see our friendly members have responded to your questions. We are a friendly helpful bunch and are pro-Elio. Many of us maid our reservations ears ago and are still supporters of Elio. It just takes patience and faith. Welcome to the journey to Elio ownership

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Powpow! Great group of people here! Another accessory you might want to consider for your Elio is pontoons and a small outboard motor...you know, for when the storms [i.e. Matthew] roll though. Hope you faired okay. Again, welcome to the Elio Waiter's forum! :D

Earl LaSitis

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Pow Pow! Now that your part of this you will find out that there are lots of ideas and thought mentioned thing people would like
to Elio to consider. Which I think is good to address what future owners are looking for. This has been a long road with a few bumps but thing still seem
to be moving forward which is good.

Top Bottom