• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hi Everyone. Miami, Fl Representin'

Would you like Elio to offer a tow package for your vehicle?

• Total voters

PowPow

Elio Fan
Reaction score
small trailer would be cool, Not a deal breaker though,,,,,
I think I can load enough camping equipment in back seat and in the spacious trunk,
any thoughts?

I don't know. That back seat/trunk looks kind of tiny. Although, I did pack a my Jeep's trunk tightly when going on camping trips. It can be done if you're not taking tables or coolers. Heck, you can pack a day pack with a flashlight tent and go camping after trekking a trail. I guess you'd have to make due with dehydrated food and a water purifier.

PowPow

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Besides the trunk, how about the space in the back seat?
Or how big of a shop do you do?

I would get too hung up about using the Elio as a Primary vehicle, it was never intended as a primary driver; Paul Elio himself calls it an - and - vehicle.
Towing is being considered; but no approvals have been announced from Elio Motors.
As for being a utility vehicle, eehhhh, it's not really meant for that.
It's 1,300lbs with 55hp

Putting the bike on the roof is beyond your capacity? The top of the roof on the Elio is 54"
6" (inches) more than 4'
What is making it that difficult for you?

Bikes can be pretty heavy if you're trying to pick one up over you're head. I would feel much better having the bike on a hitch. That possibly leaves the roof rack open for "stuff". Although I make it a point not to lug much of that.

As far as space...have you ever seen a package of Costco toilet paper? Costco doesn't kid around. :)

Last edited:

PowPow

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I

If you go to the main page, in the upper right area is a box that you can do searches in; Type in "Camping" and it should return about a 100+ pages (headings) about camping with the Elio. This topic has been discussed a number of times.
IIRC a couple of people plan to tour the entire country after they receive their Elio's.
That's a great tip. Thank you.

PowPow

Elio Fan
Reaction score
PowPow, welcome to the forum. I see our friendly members have responded to your questions. We are a friendly helpful bunch and are pro-Elio. Many of us maid our reservations ears ago and are still supporters of Elio. It just takes patience and faith. Welcome to the journey to Elio ownership
Thanks, Jim H. I've only recently made my reservation. Maybe we can see some manufacturing progress at some point in 2017. I have my fingers crossed. :)

PowPow

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Powpow! Great group of people here! Another accessory you might want to consider for your Elio is pontoons and a small outboard motor...you know, for when the storms [i.e. Matthew] roll though. Hope you faired okay. Again, welcome to the Elio Waiter's forum! :D

Thanks for the welcome. You never get used to the big hurricanes. They take away everything you own and you're never made whole again. We faired well unlike Northern Florida and parts of Georgia. But it was looking dicey for a bit there. It'll take about 3-5 years for affected areas to recover for the most part in the US. It's just not pretty. :(

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Bikes can be pretty heavy if you're trying to pick one up over you're head. I would feel much better having the bike on a hitch. That possibly leaves the roof rack open for "stuff". Although I make it a point not to lug much of that.

As far as space...have you ever seen a package of Costco toilet paper? Costco doesn't kid around. :)
Over your head? How tall are you? 4'6" is only to the middle of my chest and I'm 6'
Costco started here in Washington State, I'm very aware of the sizes; if you broke the package open, and stuffed all the rolls in the Elio you would have one of the quietest ones on the road, along with the biggest cushion in any vehicle :p
You could probably be hit by a truck, and never feel it. :pound:

Top Bottom