• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hope We Never See The Elio Here......

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would point out the difference in surviving a severe pot hole in a three wheel vehicle VS a four wheel vehicle. Weight in your Accord will be somewhat evening distributed over the four wheels so when one wheel drops in there is much less jaring and shock absorbers will help take up the sudden dropping of one wheel. On a three wheel vehicle the weight of the back half of the vehicle is all on the rear wheel. The shock absorber comes in handy to smooth out road vibration but may not be able to compensate enough to keep the vehicle from temporarily bottoming out against the pavement. This is all my "edgumacated" guess and I readily defer to the experts on this subject.
All sounds good. . . . But I'll be the first to step up and say: " I am NOT an engineer." But I DO have faith in those that spent years in school to become an engineer, and feel that they have figured that "rear wheel possibility."

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't care how it looks the Smart car is a Dumb car. I did the home work .
It gets only 40 MPG highway at best. It Requires 91 octane that cost 60 cents or more a gallon. My wifes 2014 Ford Focus a good size car that seats 4 -5 easy gets 32-38 mpg on 87 octane do the math. There is a good reason the smart does not sell well.
It has plenty of power ,rides great handles very well in all kinds of weather.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Embarrassed? Why would anyone be embarrassed by any vehicle in good condition let alone an Elio? :) Z

Yes Zelio. I wonder what happened to bigWarpGuy?
The Elio is a fine designed autocycle<> 84 mpg. Designed and built for a purpose and Elio Motors has done a magnificent job designing this Elio which meest the goal for 84 mpg! The aerodynamic Elio is a piece of art, wow <> 84 mpg! Every bit of the Elio is functional! How sweet it is, the Elio providing us 84mpg :D I am all in $1,000.00 and lovin it.
Thank you Elio Motors for your autocycle to us, those that have a need for a 84 mpg! You are doing it Elio motors, not the big five, yet you Elio Motors have designed the Elio, 84 mpg! :) I have pictures of the Elio at home and work, just beautiful. Aerodynamic beautiful! Structurally beautiful frame also! Created and built in the USA, just how beautiful is that!!
A million thanks to Elio Motors!
Terrence:)

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I drive a Smart Fortwo. I love driving it and am not embarrassed by it. The Smart Fortwo has been on a couple of lists of 'most embarrassing vehicles'. I have a feeling there might be some who would say they would be embarrassed by it.

The Smart name is an acronym. It is 'Swatch Mercedes Art' car. Personally, I do not call it a dumb car. I like driving.

I like the Elio because it is very unique. No doubt some might consider it dumb since it only seats two people. I am not one of them.

Elio is not for everyone. I feel the same way about my Smart Fortwo.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I drive a Smart Fortwo. I love driving it and am not embarrassed by it. The Smart Fortwo has been on a couple of lists of 'most embarrassing vehicles'. I have a feeling there might be some who would say they would be embarrassed by it.

The Smart name is an acronym. It is 'Swatch Mercedes Art' car. Personally, I do not call it a dumb car. I like driving.

I like the Elio because it is very unique. No doubt some might consider it dumb since it only seats two people. I am not one of them.

Elio is not for everyone. I feel the same way about my Smart Fortwo.
Welcome back BigWarpGuy, I like that you like the Elio (in your third sentence) ! Hoorah, for Elio owners! Welcome one, welcome all. Enjoy your Elio BigWarpGuy! Many happy miles with driving your Elio!
Terrence :)

Top Bottom