• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hope We Never See The Elio Here......

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahh, come on. Most of us will admit we want one because they look so cool! :cool:
I want one for that reason. . . . . . , yes. BUT, I really want one because there are so many out there that say it "can't be done."

Have to admit, there are times when I tend to slip just a little and almost fall off the "wagon," but I do intend to follow this thing to the bitter, or sweet, end. Whatever it happens to be. o_O

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does the Elio have some sort of skid plate that will protect the composite body when the rear tire drops into a pot hole of 6" or more?
It will have a full underbody panel for aerodynamics and I guess that may offer some protection...? Also the production model will have higher ground clearance than the current P4 has.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will have a full underbody panel for aerodynamics and I guess that may offer some protection...? Also the production model will have higher ground clearance than the current P4 has.
According to prior posts, the Elio is supposed to have the SAME ground clearance as the Honda Accord, and in over 200,000 miles on 2 different Accords, I have yet to have anything come up through the floor board. :)

RevTriker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
According to prior posts, the Elio is supposed to have the SAME ground clearance as the Honda Accord, and in over 200,000 miles on 2 different Accords, I have yet to have anything come up through the floor board. :)
I would point out the difference in surviving a severe pot hole in a three wheel vehicle VS a four wheel vehicle. Weight in your Accord will be somewhat evening distributed over the four wheels so when one wheel drops in there is much less jaring and shock absorbers will help take up the sudden dropping of one wheel. On a three wheel vehicle the weight of the back half of the vehicle is all on the rear wheel. The shock absorber comes in handy to smooth out road vibration but may not be able to compensate enough to keep the vehicle from temporarily bottoming out against the pavement. This is all my "edgumacated" guess and I readily defer to the experts on this subject.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would point out the difference in surviving a severe pot hole in a three wheel vehicle VS a four wheel vehicle. Weight in your Accord will be somewhat evening distributed over the four wheels so when one wheel drops in there is much less jaring and shock absorbers will help take up the sudden dropping of one wheel. On a three wheel vehicle the weight of the back half of the vehicle is all on the rear wheel. The shock absorber comes in handy to smooth out road vibration but may not be able to compensate enough to keep the vehicle from temporarily bottoming out against the pavement. This is all my "edgumacated" guess and I readily defer to the experts on this subject.
Good Post, but as I posted earlier, I think it goes more like this. JMO

Elio at 1,200# = 400# or less on back tire.
Other small car at 2,400# = 600#, maybe a little less, on each back tire.

Top Bottom