• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hope We Never See The Elio Here......

Farm Boy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I know I care about the MPG & price. My first car,truck was a 83 Ford Ranger with a 2.0 & a 4 speed, got 25 MPG as a daily driver. Doesn't sound to good next to the Elio's 84 MPG but good compared to my friends getting 4 or 5 MPGs with there rides, it was fantastic! They always wondered why I had cash and they always seamed to be broke. I put 200K plus miles on that truck and loved every mile of it, and I still have it sitting out behind the barn.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The cost of the ELIO is projected to cost less than $7k. Check your math of the price of a Prius. How about ELIO being 1/3 the cost of a Prius and in some cases 1/4 the cost. PLUS the difference in MPG - ELIO vs Hummer, your #'s are off again. More like ELIO getting 6 - 7 times better MPG, than a Hummer.
The irony here, if I'm correct. The Elio will be manufactured in the same building that the Hummer used to be manufactured in.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's personal choice, people can do what they want with their money....People here have talked about getting their Elio wrapped for $2500.00. Another member here couldn't understand putting expensive wheels on it, or a bike rack, push bar, etc.. who cares it's their money just like it's the suv's owner spending money on gas. It's their money, it's their choice.....I only care about what Elio promised, and sticking to it. Fender change? I don't care. Changing lights? I don't care. Raising price? I care. Not meeting mpg goal? I care.
I absolutely agree!

Reaction score
It's personal choice, people can do what they want with their money....People here have talked about getting their Elio wrapped for $2500.00. Another member here couldn't understand putting expensive wheels on it, or a bike rack, push bar, etc.. who cares it's their money just like it's the suv's owner spending money on gas. It's their money, it's their choice.....I only care about what Elio promised, and sticking to it. Fender change? I don't care. Changing lights? I don't care. Raising price? I care. Not meeting mpg goal? I care.
Your right and I agree. My paint wrap is my new pipe dream. My sour apple green Elio is a realized dream now.

Thomas Skaggs

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen , high MPG .Pictured is a 2012 Ford f-150 $50.00 dollars is a half a tank of gas. The Elio would be my work and play vehicle. even at 49 city milage it is about 3 times city milage my truck gets.

Richard W

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I am ALL IN for the long haul. I like the base design. I have been riding a Gold Wing trike for a long time. over 65,000 miles, some pulling a pop up camper. This Elio will be great. My wife and I want our Elio NOW. If some don't like Elio Just don't buy one. Please leave negative off. We would rather help than HURT.

Top Bottom