• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Horse Power

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently, one Elio (55hp) would require 35,265,256.18 calories per hr., with the average chicken pot pie containing around 800 calories, you'd need 44081 pot pies to travel 70 miles at current legal highway speeds in Missouri. Sorry Wheaters, not sure what the conversion would be for "plain old meat pie", but I'm betting it wouldn't fit in an 8 gallon tank. Good thing the Elio runs on gasoline! :D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Which brings us nicely back on topic about the Elio engine. How much HP do people expect for less than the price of a cheap secondhand car?

Sorry, just wanted to add that bean burritos may be a better alternate fuel source VS meat pies as methane produces approx. 1000 btu's per cubic foot. One bean burrito is good for at least 10 cubic feet of methane in my experience.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, just wanted to add that bean burritos may be a better alternate fuel source VS meat pies as methane produces approx. 1000 btu's per cubic foot. One bean burrito is good for at least 10 cubic feet of methane in my experience.
so let's just see, you were expecting your next s**t to spell disaster , I can't begin to imagine what your expectations will be with a high methane mix!!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
so let's just see, you were expecting your next s**t to spell disaster , I can't begin to imagine what your expectations will be with a high methane mix!!

Right! I'd better consider re-jetting and keep an eye on the head pressure (head-Navy term there ;)). Don't want to blow a seal! (not talking about marine mammals...that's a different thread)

Edit: Nope, it's this thread, and I believe that's still legal in Missouri.

Top Bottom