• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Horse Power

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just think what a lightweight, aerodynamic car, with a few extra horses could do at Bonneville, or the Texas Mile. What would it take to put one in the 200 mile an hour club? You know someone is going to do it. It already has a full roll cage and air bags. I have seen more Studebakers at Bonneville than I've ever seen on the street, for one reason, a 1950 Starlight coupe or Silver Hawk and especially an Avanti is a lot more aerodynamic than a 2015 Prius. I gotta believe 1,200 pounds, 350- 400 HP, and the aerodynamics of the E-car, can put a red cap on anyone crazy enough to do it
aerodynamics of the E might just, with enough hp, and it's weight go airborne

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup, cops go after the people they can catch, which is why you never want to be the caboose in a train of cars going 20+ over the limit even though it is fun doing 90+ on I-95.

Just don't do it while travelling through a hurricane band... that was scary as hell.

Flew through a hurricane band... would suggest against it....

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The power to weight ratio for the Elio isn't that bad... My first car was 3,500 pounds and had 67 horsepower. 0-60 wasn't very impressive, but it would do 93 MPH!

The Elio should have about the same power to weight ratio as my Subaru Outback.
True. Power to weight ratio is what really matters here. Slip the Ford 1.0 L Ecoboost engine in there and see what 123hp does for the Elio!

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup, cops go after the people they can catch, which is why you never want to be the caboose in a train of cars going 20+ over the limit even though it is fun doing 90+ on I-95.

Just don't do it while travelling through a hurricane band... that was scary as hell.
Cops go after the issue. A radio you cannot out run, there are multiple police forces that can provided back up within in any county or area, and road spikes usually slows a "runner". Ha!

Top Bottom