• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hot Off The Press: Intent To Manufacture Engines Signed With Linamar

eliio21783

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume the motor development is complete.

I wonder if Linamar can sell the vehicles, even if EM were to completely fail.

If EM did completely fail, would what is left of EM still make money from licensing the motor?

If so, it would be nice if they used it to refund us. And yes, I know they are not required to.
How did we get to Elio Motors failing and going bankrupt? I didn't read this thread from page 1 but WHAT IS GOING ON?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And they didn't borrow money from the government, did they?
Nope . To be fair though, Ford was gearing up to enhance their small-car production and saw bad times coming. I think they mortgaged everything they had and even sold the rights to the blue oval. When things went bad, they weathered the storm, and managed to not require government assistance. I worked at GM back in '98 and it amazed me how hard they fought against improvements and efficiency of production. I remember wondering how they were still in business operating like that. Anyway, long time ago. I'm sure they've got it figured out now. The top three all put out pretty good cars and trucks now.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The more of these engines that are released, the more mods will be available. If Nissan can make a 3 Cylinder engine with 400 HP, why can't this one get close to that with proper tweaking?

Ah.... Let's start with that is 1.5L and Elio is .9L. About half the size.
Moving right on to it's turbo charged.

Top Bottom