• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hot Off The Press: Intent To Manufacture Engines Signed With Linamar

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got a little nervous about diluting the "Made In USA" content when I saw they were based in Canada, but I see they have a manufacturing facility in Detroit. Very nice.
Elio's boast is they source 90% North American content, with the vehicle being built in the USA. I don't see this a dilution, though it's a great clarification about how they'll be handling the manufacture of the power plant for the vehicle.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio's boast is they source 90% North American content, with the vehicle being built in the USA. I don't see this a dilution, though it's a great clarification about how they'll be handling the manufacture of the power plant for the vehicle.

Ah, true. But I do hope the motors are assembled in Michigan, they need the jobs I hear.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is definitely good news and more evidence of progress. Perhaps another source of income for EM. Currently it is an untried or proven power plant. I don't know what applications the Elio engine could be used for besides automotive. The article mentions marine, but maybe aircraft? Maybe industrial use of some kind to run a generator or water pump? Just guessing at this point.
Gotta be high efficiency lawn mowers...

Top Bottom