• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How About Some Eye Candy From Elio Motors To Us

Cooter

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I know time is money, but wouldn't be nice if us as elio owners or future owners got a personal video to this site of something more in depth or updated or anything that Paul Elio could tell us, just cause there are some of us that can't make the shows. Im sure in time it would make it somewhere close to driving distance. But I thought it would be a nice little perk to this site. I mean nothing but positive gesture for the car and the company. So what do you say

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know time is money, but wouldn't be nice if us as elio owners or future owners got a personal video to this site of something more in depth or updated or anything that Paul Elio could tell us, just cause there are some of us that can't make the shows. Im sure in time it would make it somewhere close to driving distance. But I thought it would be a nice little perk to this site. I mean nothing but positive gesture for the car and the company. So what do you say
I know I would love to see some moving videos of the P5 when it comes out. Something like the ones of the P3. The 28 sec. video of the P4 cruisin' was an eye dropper taste or tease but I am very grateful to whoever took it because it is all we have. All the videos at EM are of the P2 or P3. I'm hungry for more! :-) Z

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to see the P4 in real world traffic. Muti-lane flowing traffic, parking, in the rain passing a semi at 70mph. Thats what will impress buyers.

ElioFrank

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The one thing that worries me is when the wind is blowing at 25-30 miles an hour, am I going to be able to keep that machine on the road? I work in Atlanta, so I'm up and down the interstate every morning and night. The fuel mileage is what grabbed my attention. Then you start thinking about these other things.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The one thing that worries me is when the wind is blowing at 25-30 miles an hour, am I going to be able to keep that machine on the road? I work in Atlanta, so I'm up and down the interstate every morning and night. The fuel mileage is what grabbed my attention. Then you start thinking about these other things.
The better that a vehicle is aerodynamically the less it is influenced by wind. My 27 foot motorhome in a 40mph crosswind takes a near miracle to drive down the road straight, in my lifted Jeep it's still difficult but easily manageable, in my Miata, besides from the wind noise I barely notice the wind. I think the Elio will be more like the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The better that a vehicle is aerodynamically the less it is influenced by wind. My 27 foot motorhome in a 40mph crosswind takes a near miracle to drive down the road straight, in my lifted Jeep it's still difficult but easily manageable, in my Miata, besides from the wind noise I barely notice the wind. I think the Elio will be more like the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to drive a VW Camper (1968 or 69 with a pop-top). The worst trip of my life was from Austin, TX to Tallahassee, FL because of the winds coming off the gulf. By the time I reached the stopping place at night I could hardly move my arms they were so exhausted. So I definitely agree with Cali Chris - the Elio has to be a lot better. It is probably even better than my heavier and larger 1999 Toyota Camry.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cross winds and head on(drag coefficient) are two very different aspects. However in trying to make the Elio have less drag they have softened the edges(except the camback) so the cross wind shouldn't t buffet the vehicle to any great degree.

Top Bottom