• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How About Some Eye Candy From Elio Motors To Us

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cross winds and head on(drag coefficient) are two very different aspects. However in trying to make the Elio have less drag they have softened the edges(except the camback) so the cross wind shouldn't t buffet the vehicle to any great degree.
Probably better that Sentra as it's a real wind catcher! Thing is you get used to it so no big deal.. The Elio is lower profile and the aerodynamics look pretty good so it may be OK..

Ray

ElioFrank

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was thinking about the aero after I posted but it's only supposed to weigh 1550lbs. That's not much weight but I guess the winter is the only time we have a lot of days with high winds. I'll just wear a helmet on those days :D

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The big truck buffeting the Elio...I have it twenty seconds of free thought... First the Elio is lighter and has a very similar side profile to a car....and while that sounds like it will get pushed around a little..well the Elio is going to have at least two more feet between it and the truck, except for the front wheel. So that distance will make it less frightening. And again the rounding off of so much of it will cause it to create an escape for the air from the side....
I hope.

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was thinking about the aero after I posted but it's only supposed to weigh 1550lbs. That's not much weight but I guess the winter is the only time we have a lot of days with high winds. I'll just wear a helmet on those days :D
1550? I thought it was only supposed to weigh 1250, and even that was up from initial estimates. If true, all this spec creep is a little scary. :eek: HP down, weight up, ugly factor up, LOL. Hurry up and build it before it morphs into an AMC Pacer! :D

Last edited:

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Did it suddenly bloat up for some reason? 1250lbs has been the quoted number to date.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah people....1250 lbs and your fat a.... I mean the average American male and his shi.... I mean the clutter he puts in his car= 1550lbs.
How hard was that .

Top Bottom