• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Are You Planning To Handle Drive Throughs, Toll Booths, Atm's, Etc...?

c0yote

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've got an extra 12-18" to reach because of the front wheel vs. door arrangement? In most manned drive thru's, this shouldn't be an issue if the worker + you each stretch out an extra 6-9". Plus, some drive thru windows have a shelf, and if there is no bollard down low protecting it, you could sneak your front wheel under it. Is this very different from someone in a vehicle with oversized mirrors? Real issue is ATM's, etc. where it's only up to you to make up the difference.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You've got an extra 12-18" to reach because of the front wheel vs. door arrangement? In most manned drive thru's, this shouldn't be an issue if the worker + you each stretch out an extra 6-9". Plus, some drive thru windows have a shelf, and if there is no bollard down low protecting it, you could sneak your front wheel under it. Is this very different from someone in a vehicle with oversized mirrors? Real issue is ATM's, etc. where it's only up to you to make up the difference.

If it is only a 12-18" reach it won't be much different than my truck with tow mirrors on it. Of course the truck window is probably at least 2 feet higher than the elio window will be.

scb

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone given any thought to when we go to our favorite fast food burger joint specially through the drive thru with a 66.8 inch wheelbase we're going to have to get out each time we go grab our food.:mad: Can,t wait to drive up in my Elio

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone given any thought to when we go to our favorite fast food burger joint specially through the drive thru with a 66.8 inch wheelbase we're going to have to get out each time we go grab our food.:mad: Can,t wait to drive up in my Elio
I think if you use the search function you will find a whole crazy thread on this subject. :-) Z

Top Bottom