• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Big Is Your Butt? And Will It Fit The Elio Seat?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
keeping to the thread, recently got an MRI (the big round noisy machine) and while doing nothing except exhaling and holding my breath, thought if a heavy hitter (you know the pulled pork with fried cheese 400lb-er) ever got "stuck" in it. As small as it feels (some folks get claustrophobic in it) tech said it'll take a 600 pounder!! Always too amazed when I see someone who should have bought two seats waddling down the aisle and is able to wedge themselves in, so I guess size can be deceiving and even they could fit in the E.

Reactions: Ekh
Reaction score
I'm not worried about my butt but at 7'4", though I had great visibility in the prototype in Chicago 2 years ago, my knees wouldn't clear the dash (I think on the right side). It's been a while since I've seen an Elio. I was told that they have a ratcheting up/down seat like some other cars have, and they said they extended the seat track way back, like a Chevy Cruze, so I would be interested to see if I can drive the current car without needing to make modifications. Or if I *can* make modifications. I really would be happy if I could drive the stock car and tell Shaq he could drive this instead of the Caddy he advertises but I know can't drive.

Sidecar Bob

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The information I offered was good when it was posted in Dec. 2014.
A lot has changed since then.
Find out what cars have Hyundai DYMOS seats (Hyundai Cars maybe) and try one out.
Here is a Hyundai DYMOS U Tube AD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom