• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Far Is Your Trip?

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's ridiculous that Amtrack is the most expensive option given the efficiency of trains.
Every passenger rail system in the world is government subsidized in some way. Not my idea of efficiency. Time is money, so given that airfare is the most cost effective depending on what your time is worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shreveport to Sandusky will be 1064 mile adventure after picking up my Elio #1788. Of course my trip involves food. I've got a few ideas but am lacking in a few locations on "must try" foods of the region. Any help would be appreciated.

City , Mile Marker , Speciality Food

Shreveport LA , 0 miles ,

Texarkana AR , 77 miles ,

Little Rock AR , 220 miles ,

Memphis TN , 356 miles , Dry Rub BBQ

Nashville TN , 568 miles ,

Louisville KY , 743 miles , Hot Brown

Cincinnati OH , 842 miles , Skyline Chili

Columbus OH , 949 miles , White Castle Hamburgers

Sandusky OH , 1064 miles , My wife's cooking

Somewhere in this trip I will have to change out the original motor oil and sleep. Oil change at Little Rock or Nashville at PepBoys depending on information provided by Elio Motors.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW, looks like a well planned trip with some great comfort food stops. Maybe we should make this a convoy. Think you wife will be happy if we all descend on your home for a great home cooked meal?..........LOL

Jeff Hawthorn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
My first ELIO trip will be a lil 3+ hr trip from Thornville due East of Columbus, Ohio to Catawba Island, then A lil ferry ride out on Lake Erie to SBI or Put-n-Bay, I will slow roll around the Island giving everyone a envious look without stopping then roll back into party central of the Island to let people take pics and ask there questions. The next trip will be to Ellington, Conn. to see my sister and nieces a 12 hr trip. I am looking forward to going out on sat night spending a dollar fity on gas and cruising in the country like we did back in the 70s minus the PBR. . 1915_61832035968_1150_n.jpg

Jeff Hawthorn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
My first ELIO trip will be a lil 3+ hr trip from Thornville due East of Columbus, Ohio to Catawba Island, then A lil ferry ride out on Lake Erie to SBI or Put-n-Bay, I will slow roll around the Island giving everyone a envious look without stopping then roll back into party central of the Island to let people take pics and ask there questions. The next trip will be to Ellington, Conn. to see my sister and nieces a 12 hr trip. I am looking forward to going out on sat night spending a dollar fity on gas and cruising in the country like we did back in the 70s minus the PBR. .View attachment 1941
(((I dont quite understand why my thread was moved here but thats fine, I was wanting to hear about some of the fun stuff people had planned after they got it home. Not read about picking it up, or should I fly because my time is so precious, maybe take a bus to get it. I guess the point of my thread title was misleading.))):mad::confused::(

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After picking up my new Elio in Shreveport, right now I plan to drive to a suburb north of Dallas to visit a good friend and get his input on the vehicle. He's a young mechanic and supervisor for a major OTR truck manufacturer, qualified on everything ASE qualifies mechanics for - and I'd like his input. Not to mention he's a show car detailer and can give me a lot of tips on cleaning and maintaining my Elio's finish. I rather expect since he has long commutes to work and college, he's going to be on the list soon as well.

From Dallas, my wife and I will drive to our home in Houston, checking out the touring capabilities of our (first) Elio.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 1763 :eek: Not something I want to run over.:D
As I remember these ancient animals from when I lived outside of Austin, Texas, they are so slow moving there is not reason to hit them. I drove a VW Beetle convertible at that time and never had trouble slowing down or stopping to avoid hitting them. :-) Z

Top Bottom