• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Lighting Can Change A Color & What Do Car Colors Reflect Of Owner

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yah, I know. When I was in the market, Fits were rarer than hen's teeth. Purely by chance. I ran across this one that had been traded in only about two hours before I showed up. Given a choice, I probably would have done that nice Arrest Me Red that they had in 2008. :D

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Sometimes you got no options. If I'm buying new, I just walk.

When I was in the market for my last car (2006) I had originally settled for a Yaris. I researched all my options and knew what I wanted. Went to the local Toyota dealership to arrange for the car I wanted and was told... "Nope, If you want a Yaris, you'll get in line and take the one off the truck when your number comes up." ...and no, there is not a lot of paraphrasing in that.

Ended up with a '06 Chevy Cobalt. Should have gone to another dealership, but was somewhat ticked at the time.

-sterling

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When i got my 2001 Insight, I went to the "CREDIT UNION" and told them exactly what I wanted. Went to lunch, came back and was told they could get one but it was 189 miles away. The dealer delivered the vehicle that same day to the credit union..I got the best price at the CU also.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
When i got my 2001 Insight, I went to the "CREDIT UNION" and told them exactly what I wanted. Went to lunch, came back and was told they could get one but it was 189 miles away. The dealer delivered the vehicle that same day to the credit union..I got the best price at the CU also.
Funny enough, Costco will do the same thing. They will do a country wide search, and get it to you within 5 days max.
They do price comparisons too, to make sure they're getting you the best pricing. And the kicker? They don't charge for any additional shipping.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Same thing with the CU. Funny thing though. No one to check you out on the vehicle at the CU. Drove app. 42 miles home and almost decided to take it back. Damn thing kept quitting at every red light. Finally read the manual "AUTOSTOP was involved.

Typical "Brainfart".

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Same thing with the CU. Funny thing though. No one to check you out on the vehicle at the CU. Drove app. 42 miles home and almost decided to take it back. Damn thing kept quitting at every red light. Finally read the manual "AUTOSTOP was involved.

Typical "Brainfart".
Most new cars do; and I can see problems with that in the future.
I wonder if there is a setting in their ECM to change that.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Coss:
No problems with "autostop" in 389K miles. There are "safety valves" programmed in the ECU that will cancel "autostop." Low Battery, AC on,
It WILL NOT go into autostop while going down the road. Autostop only becomes available below 4 MPH.
Autostop only works in ECO mode. I "assume" the ELIO will be the same.

Time to break out the oars. We are drifting.

Top Bottom