• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hp Wars And 200 Mph Super Cars... What Do Elio Owners Think?

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those cars are great for guys who need to compensate for something else but the majority of us need A vehicle to get to work and back during the week. Two Elios would be cheaper to drive than one standard economy car and you can still keep the suv/ truck/ musclecar for the weekends. I think - especially after hearing about the delay till 2016! Elio should concentrate on getting the first 25 or so prototypes built and tested and focus on production of actual vehicles. The Elio is supposed to be an inexpensive, economical vehicle so lets get some of them out on the road! No frills cars, just some base models for the first customers to drive! ( I'm around # 26,600 so I won't get one) The best way to sell a car is get some out on the streets!

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those cars are great for guys who need to compensate for something else but the majority of us need A vehicle to get to work and back during the week. Two Elios would be cheaper to drive than one standard economy car and you can still keep the suv/ truck/ musclecar for the weekends. I think - especially after hearing about the delay till 2016! Elio should concentrate on getting the first 25 or so prototypes built and tested and focus on production of actual vehicles. The Elio is supposed to be an inexpensive, economical vehicle so lets get some of them out on the road! No frills cars, just some base models for the first customers to drive! ( I'm around # 26,600 so I won't get one) The best way to sell a car is get some out on the streets!

Good one, thats never been said before. Typical ignorant blanket Freudian assumption as usual. For what it's worth I drove a 2002 Kia Sportage as my sole vehicle for 5 years, then I turned around and got a bright blue Mustang GT....and then a small 4-cylinder Mazdaspeed3...but then a lifted Nissan Titan... and then I have my tiny Spitfire with less than 80-hp...I currently drive a 2014 Wrangler that is bone stock (no lift or anything)...and now I am shopping for a 707hp car and an Elio which is basically a gutless Can Am with a roof, so I go all over the place when it comes to car shopping. Whenever I see a Camry or a Corolla or anything of the like on my morning commute I laugh and thank God I am not stuck in that drab, dreary, willfully awful, pile of misery.

I am an automotive enthusiast, that's it. I could just as easily point my finger to any parent and say they need a child to validate their existence... that also isn't the case 99% of the time.

As for a vehicle to get to work, I have my Jeep for that. Not everyone cares about MPG, I am living my life, not pinching pennies at the gas pump. I make close to six-figures and have BUSTED MY *** for it. I'm going to drive something fun and as an adrenaline junkie I need something that can give me a rush. I take my Wrangler up to 90-100mph about every other day.

Speed is my cocaine.

Last edited:

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good one, thats never been said before. Typical ignorant blanket Freudian assumption as usual. For what it's worth I drove a 2002 Kia Sportage as my sole vehicle for 5 years, then I turned around and got a bright blue Mustang GT....and then a small 4-cylinder Mazdaspeed3...but then a lifted Nissan Titan... and then I have my tiny Spitfire with less than 80-hp...I currently drive a 2014 Wrangler that is bone stock (no lift or anything)...and now I am shopping for a 707hp car and an Elio which is basically a gutless Can Am with a roof. So I go all over the place when it comes to car shopping. Whenever I see a Camry or a Corolla or anything of the like on my morning commute I laugh and thank God I am not stuck in that drab, dreary, willfully awful, pile of misery.

I am an automotive enthusiast, that's it. I could just as easily point my finger to any parent and say they need a child to validate their existence... that also isn't the case 99% of the time.

As for a vehicle to get to work, I have my Jeep for that. Not everyone cares about MPG, I am living my life, not pinching pennies at the gas pump. I make close to six-figures and have BUSTED MY *** for it. I'm going to drive something fun and as an adrenaline junkie I need something that can give me a rush. I take my Wrangler up to 90-100mph about every other day.

Speed is my cocaine.

speed.png
Your Speed......

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to worry, that comes first.
But I very much look forward to what the racing guys come up with. I especially like the idea they will show me a new upper limit to what the Tadpole racer can do (once it exists :) )
arak12.jpg
Personally speaking, I had two reasons I liked the idea of reverse trikes(with FWD). One was the super mileage. But the other was the feel of driving where you sit in the center of all the dynamics.
This is one of the only vehicles types that can do that, other than an airplane of the right design. Even on a motorcycle you sit above the CG, not down in it. Surprisingly, even mid-engine cars, the driver sits forward and to the left. In indy500 cars, you are forward and center, which is at least close to it. (Note: 2F2R-FWD where you sit center can also do it, yes add 2F2R-AWD to the list, but 2F1R-FWD is cheaper than those by far )
On bikes, you get to ride rather than drive. But I'd like to 'be' the car, if you know what I mean by that. And sure, add 200hp to that experience!

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now having said that,..
This thread says '200mph' in it. This is another interesting thing about 2F1R-FWD design, except for lifting off, at high speed this type of vehicle gets more stable, depending on how the 'envelope' is designed with respect to the CG.
Generally it's very hard to put the center of pressure ( COP ) anywhere but just behind the CG, which is just the perfect place.
So I'd like to see how that gets accommodated in racing, nice bit of down force and COP control (just add a tail if need be).

Top Bottom