• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hunting

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My son just stopped by with this morning's turkey. Thought you'all might like to see it. 22 lbs.
Jim's 2015 Turkey.JPG

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice!! :) Got a friend that went out this morning. Had one right across the field from him. Reached for his call...left it on the kitchen table. :rolleyes: Not real organized, but he makes me laugh!
Reminds me of the Duck hunter who was taking a dump off the side of the boat in the blind when a flock suddenly appear within range. Without thinking he quickly stuck a freshly uses wiping tissue into his mouth to free both hands to shoot.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My son just stopped by with this morning's turkey. Thought you'all might like to see it. 22 lbs.
View attachment 5407
Very nice. I'm fairly new to turkey hunting, and have a question for you or your son. Saturday morning, I had 3 gobblers answering my call, but they would never come in. Two of them sounded like they were together, and the other one sounded like he was about 200 yards to thier left. Any thoughts?:D

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very nice. I'm fairly new to turkey hunting, and have a question for you or your son. Saturday morning, I had 3 gobblers answering my call, but they would never come in. Two of them sounded like they were together, and the other one sounded like he was about 200 yards to thier left. Any thoughts?:D
My son would probably give a better answer, but here's what I think-
You gotta get out there REALLY early. The toms hook up with hens pretty early and it is really difficult to call them away when they are "henned up."
However, after that, they will eventually wander off and look for more hens. Stay put, listen for them to move around, and use very light feeding clucks to encourage them.
My son listened to this one for over two hours, calling VERY softly, and eventually the gobbler walked right up to him.
Best of luck!

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My son would probably give a better answer, but here's what I think-
You gotta get out there REALLY early. The toms hook up with hens pretty early and it is really difficult to call them away when they are "henned up."
However, after that, they will eventually wander off and look for more hens. Stay put, listen for them to move around, and use very light feeding clucks to encourage them.
My son listened to this one for over two hours, calling VERY softly, and eventually the gobbler walked right up to him.
Best of luck!
Thanks Johnapool. I'm usually in my blind 45 min. to an hour before sunrise, so they should still be on roost at that time. With 2 gobbling together, I thought there was a pretty good chance those were jakes. Anyway, I'm going to give that spot one more chance, and take your advice. :)

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice bird! I gotta get out there and hunt some. Bushhogging this morning there was a tom just strutting away about 100 yards from me. They were beside the barn last week and I seem to do nothing but work :(
Folks.... I am going to have to clean my keyboard after reading your story, sundrop all over it !

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 5407
Nice Bird.
A little trivial history has it the Benjamin Franklin was against the Bald Eagle as the national emblem. He considered the American wild Turkey a far more noble bird.

Top Bottom