• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Am Wondering If Anyone Wants To Sell Their Non Refundable Deposits For 1/2 Price

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This brings up a bit of a valid question though. I don't remember reading anything in the agreement saying the reservation was non-transferable. Now admittedly I only skimmed it, I might have missed it so it could be there.

When the time comes that Elio is gearing up for production I wonder if there will be a market for the early reservations, Pre 09/02/14 $1k reservations going for like $2000+ since their value to a buyer would be $1500 and a place in line to get a first model year vehicle.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This brings up a bit of a valid question though. I don't remember reading anything in the agreement saying the reservation was non-transferable. Now admittedly I only skimmed it, I might have missed it so it could be there.

When the time comes that Elio is gearing up for production I wonder if there will be a market for the early reservations, Pre 09/02/14 $1k reservations going for like $2000+ since their value to a buyer would be $1500 and a place in line to get a first model year vehicle.
I believe the contract specifies non-transferable unless approved by EM. I also believe it originally said non-transferable with no exceptions specified. :-) Z

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the contract specifies non-transferable unless approved by EM. I also believe it originally said non-transferable with no exceptions specified. :) Z
Well, yeah, but they didn't take really specific information, just name, Phone # and address, which you can change in Dashboard. You could easily sell it by changing name, address, email and password without EM ever knowing. If they'd taken SSN it would have been fixed to one person, but I know I wouldn't want to give my SSN to a startup that may or may not get off the ground.

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I believe the contract specifies non-transferable unless approved by EM. I also believe it originally said non-transferable with no exceptions specified. :) Z

Currently True, One person that contacted them was told to contact them, but if he was given permission to sell his, the number would go to the current back of the line. So, this was no benefit of buying it.

Two thoughts

1. You could still buy yours and transfer or sell it to someone else. for what ever you can get.

2. As a brain tease, if you take the current average # of Elios being reserved per day (81) and project it out to the middle of Sept in 2015 ,the projected (you could also call this a WAG :) ) reservations will be around 60,000. According to Elio they will be ramping up to 500 units per day at first and then add a second shift after 90 days. So they should be in full swing by February of 2017. With the current projected reservations filled by end of March. So many variables and what ifs that this is just a WAG and a way to pass the time. Variables like, how much will the reservation rate go up as the other milestones are reached, will they work a 5 day or 7 day work week, how much will interest and reservations climb when they start hitting the road and the centers open.?

Would it be worth it to put money down on a second elio and hold it for resale? Let your mind ponder............ 3:)

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great news at work today ! I was informed that F. C. had put down $1,000.00 and is all in! A few weeks ago I emailed here that there were four future Elio owners where I work. Now I am proud to raise that by one and announce we now have five future Elio owners where all five of us work in Maryland! I sent F. C. an email about elioowners.com
Terrence Bernard :)

Top Bottom