• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Believe Elio Thought They Could Raise 200 M From Reservation Deposits.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Think about it, they lied about securing space in LA, They made it sound so easy to get one financed.. They claim an 84 mpg with a cylinder engine pulling about 15 to 16 hundred lbs ( including fuel and driver / passenger weight added to the car ).. They never made public what the fuel milage of the p3 and p4 were getting powered with a 3 cylinder Geo motor..Now we find out they did not Have any signed contract where claiming to build this vehicle..All we are guarenteed for our 1000 buck deposit is a T shirt and bumper sticker..the agreement signed on mentioned several outs for not being able to produce or refund for not doing so..So for those of us who are praising Mr Elio remember Bernard Madoff ?

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cluck cluck chicken little.

"Think about it, they lied about securing space in LA"
"Now we find out they did not Have any signed contract where claiming to build this vehicle."

Stop spreading false information, troll.
Troll ? Elio has my $1000, if you are so sure why didn't you go all in for the grand? ..I read your post about not willing to go in for that much until you see and drive one.. So you probably paid 100 bucks which is not really that much to gamble with, I mean you got your T shirt..So who's the Troll here..Call me a fool but Troll, look in the mirror dude..

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still on EM web site.

So let's see, we have a vehicle; we have a plant to build it in; we will hire 1,500 amazing folks to work in the plant and produce it; we have Elio reservation holders; now we have outlined our Retail Center Strategy. Hang in there, only a few more pieces to go. With your support and our diligence, we will prevail.

But then again, they could be behind with an update.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still on EM web site.

So let's see, we have a vehicle; we have a plant to build it in; we will hire 1,500 amazing folks to work in the plant and produce it; we have Elio reservation holders; now we have outlined our Retail Center Strategy. Hang in there, only a few more pieces to go. With your support and our diligence, we will prevail.

But then again, they could be behind with an update.
Last night a Shreveport tv news said they do not have a plant and would have to produce elsewhere.. They do not have even 1/4 th of the capitol needed.. They are going to need a bunch of people reserving with 1000 bucks to pull it off..

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Troll ? Elio has my $1000, if you are so sure why didn't you go all in for the grand? ..I read your post about not willing to go in for that much until you see and drive one.. So you probably paid 100 bucks which is not really that much to gamble with, I mean you got your T shirt..So who's the Troll here..Call me a fool but Troll, look in the mirror dude..

Yep, I'm in at $100. I figure there's many ways I could blow $100, so if they fold, no big loss. I didn't jump in a $1k because I felt $100 was a prudent investment until further progress is made. If you are so worried about your investment, you should have thought ahead and opted for the refundable deposit. With an investment of this nature, there are no guarantees you'll receive product or your money back. The fine print was very clear.
Don't project your trollish behavior on me; I'm not trolling by feeding the forum false information.

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just took the entire thing as a large long running kick starter, if elio pulls it off I get a car at a discounted rate if not I'm out $1k but I'm hoping someone who already has the manufacturing capacity will step in and buy the rights to manufacture the elio. I know everyone says that 14k isn't many interested buyers but Nissan only moved 22k leafs in 2013 and that was with heavy marketing, government subsidization, and crazy lease deals for employees and their friends. I also think that planning to move 250k units a year is a stretch but the initial reservations aren't nothing this far from production. Maybe I'm slightly biased towards trusting automotive startups b/c I saw both the rise and fall of Saturn within GM. :confused:

drbob

Elio Fan
Reaction score
There really hasn't been a lot of news lately. I guess no news is good news. Seems like the reservations are coming in at the rate of 500 per week. Now that is $3,500,000.00 of product ordered a week. On a car that may start production in a year or so. I have no doubt the deposits will keep coming in at that pace. 3 of my friends have put in deposits in the last month

Top Bottom