• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I went to the Mesa address, it was the office of the CAD guys who did the early design. They were unaware that Paul was using their address as the business location. When I went by the Phoenix office, there were no Elio signs of any kind. I did get there after office hours, and didn't bother to go back after seeing the place. Both experiences were a bit discouraging.

How long ago? Was your visit 6 years ago??

Just wondering..... thanks!!

Last edited:

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$400 million needed. Enough said. If a good investment, someone would have done. Paul will allow his baby to die before giving control. Right or wrong, it's his baby. Old concept? Style, body, tranny and engine all I need in car. Surprised no one has tracked Paul down just for their own PR. No longer frustrated, sad a bit like when a marriage didn't work. Where is $400 m to come from? When that shows up, I'll be excited. #14,492. IIRC

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just hope Elio turns this ship around. It's just not going down the right path to where they are losing consumer confidence. Look at what they are doing:

1. Gone from two to one blog per week
2. Repeating old blogs
3. Letting the website go with zero changes and it being down for a few days with no new website to replace it
4. Paul being not speaking for 14 months
5. Not filing with the SEC and going to pinks

These are just facts, not opinions. You cannot expect the people that supported the company to keep going on. Even here, If you look back just three years ago, the posters have gone away. These were the ones that were supposedly in it for life, yet they are gone. There used to be a multitude of forums and social media sites for Elio. They are either gone or been static for a few years. Even the distractions have gone away. The majority of the local news in Shreveport has not given Elio any coverage in over a year. Even the Elio Facebook page is seeing no activity.

You can't keep doing this and expect there will be a resurgence in interest. You have to keep the flow going and right now it's turned off. So Paul, I know this will be at least a half of a dozen posts I've made as to ask you to address your investors and die hard followers. You owe it to them to give them 10 minutes of your time. If you don't then you are admitting, you don't care. If you don't care, then they won't either and especially when you need it most. Remember, I'm only asking for 10 minutes of your time, that's less time it takes to drink a venti sized coffee from Starbucks.

BTW: I'm not emailing the company any more as all I get is the same canned response you all do. I do know that Paul does read this as it's the only holdout left for his company he put his heart and soul into.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How many times must the fat lady sing an encore?
That's exactly why Paul can fix this problem right now. This is because the word will get out eventually and thus it's better off to head it off at the pass. Right now Paul is not doing that, thus it will continue to fester into something bigger than what he really wants. I understand the ones that really support it but in the end, if the captain is MIA and every sign shows the ship is sinking, what do you do? Get a lifeboat or wait until the Captain fixes the problem.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, I believe I posted in this forum, many, many years ago, that "Time To Market" was absolutely critical for this to succeed. It is true of any innovation, sit on it too long, and it is no longer "innovative".
serveimage.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes, if you run out of gas, you can either brake hard to address the problem right now or you can put it in neutral and let it roll as far as possible before having to address the problem.

It may be irritating but not speaking may actually be the best solution available to Paul right now. Perhaps the horse will sing.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes, if you run out of gas, you can either brake hard to address the problem right now or you can put it in neutral and let it roll as far as possible before having to address the problem.

It may be irritating but not speaking may actually be the best solution available to Paul right now. Perhaps the horse will sing.

Except for a couple of things. First, Elio Motors has an obligation to communicate with it's shareholders. (All of them, not just the majority.)
Second, out of courtesy, they should be communicating with the "all-in" investors. Silence is not a solution, it's an avoidance.
(Sorry Coss, looks like I'm bitching again.)

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today is the day I'm throwing in the towel.
It has absolutely been a fun and engaging ride, but the reality of it is, it's been over for a long long time.
I'm cashing in what little remains so we can have a night out on the town, and I'm done. I will not ride this to ZERO if i can help it.
I have only 1 regret, and that is the Elio never came to fruition. I still believe it is a fantastic concept, but also, it seems to not be the right time, or more likely, the right management.
Adios, y'all. It has been an adventurous ride to be sure!

Top Bottom