1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by jdkeats, Mar 11, 2019.

1. BeauS

BeauS Elio Fan

I added him, haha! Do you know, is their rating on BBB reflect on how they perform as a company? Obviously there's a lot of bad stuff about them and there's a reason for it. Just wasn't sure if it was something they can work on or not.
    https://www.bbb.org/us/az/phoenix/profile/new-car-dealers/elio-motors-1126-1000028977

2. Watashiwah

Watashiwah Elio Addict

The BBB rates Elio Motors as ‘F’. There seem to be a majority of complaints about failures to receive escrowed refundable deposits. Very unfortunate.

Paul’s resume is online, lots of fluff, short on stuff: can anyone get to Hari S. Iyer’s ? That, and his new enterprise(s) should be interesting reading...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  3. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

Kuda and Watashiwah like this.
  4. Watashiwah

Watashiwah Elio Addict

Interesting. Maybe next week he’ll be selling bridges. Looks like Hari found time to be a ‘tutor!’ Just in time for his ‘kapeesh’ endeavor. I hope his new investors are internet/search savvy.

Samalross likes this.
  5. Smitty901

Smitty901 Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Both of current 3 wheelers are still going strong.
    Of course all I have of my Elio is a dream picture somewhere. I still think about it from time to time.

[​IMG]

Maurtis and Kuda like this.
  6. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

Most people with companies make plans. Then they make contingency plans. Commonly called "Plan A" "Plan B", etc. The idea is that when Plan A doesn't work, you go to Plan B. In order for this to work you must also decide and recognize when the plan isn't working. I am afraid Paul Elio is stuck on a plan that isn't working but cannot come up with another plan. All the other suggestions given to him are apparently unacceptable. It's sad to see someone willing to completely fail rather than compromise.

3wheelin likes this.
  7. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    My gut feeling is Plan A- Paul Elio set the projected price @ 7K, Plan B- potential investors set the price @ 20K- His company, his "baby", Paul wins the argument and ELIO was doomed.

8. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

3wheelin, It’s good you and I have a Plan B!

3wheelin likes this.
  9. trock59

trock59 Elio Addict

I've only got $100 bet on getting an Elio (#26620) but if they could just get a rolling vehicle built & offer different engine options for it it might interest more potential buyers or investors. Many existing front wheel drive gas, hybrid or electric powertrains could bolt right in.

10. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Hey buddy! Plan B actually just fell on my lap when somebody on here said Electra Meccanica honor deposit from ELIO towards their SOLO...so just waiting for it to materialize in my driveway. You on the other hand my friend are about to embark on a fun adventure with your FUV!

Rickb likes this.