• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Keep Getting Bumped Out

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have been clicking the remember me box but I thought I should still log out each time. Is it a good idea to be logged in all the time?

I never log out :D It makes it a lot easier to just pop in and take a look when I have a few spare minutes.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never log out :D It makes it a lot easier to just pop in and take a look when I have a few spare minutes.
Yes, but your the boss man. LOL And I know for a fact that your name is not always on the list of people on board. While on the subject what does it mean by robots. I can figure out guests all by myself but robots seems a strange designation. LOL

AltoidBox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Robots are programs employed by search engines like Google, Bing, and I suppose Ecosia to look at websites for updates so they can be found when people search for related things.

Anyway you shouldn't need to log out unless you're on a public computer or you share your device with someone else who visits the site.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, but your the boss man. LOL And I know for a fact that your name is not always on the list of people on board. While on the subject what does it mean by robots. I can figure out guests all by myself but robots seems a strange designation. LOL

Once you're inactive for 15 minutes the site considers you offline and won't show you on the list of people online

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is also dropping me at that point. I have had to sign in every time I have gone out without logging out. Yes I did click on stay logged in. Z

Right, but you shouldn't have to login when you come back, that's what clearing the cookies will fix hopefully.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I double checked and the cookies are definitely gone. However, I am having to log in every time I come back to the site. As long as it isn't bumping me out in the middle of something I can live with that. Thanks for your help. Z

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I double checked and the cookies are definitely gone. However, I am having to log in every time I come back to the site. As long as it isn't bumping me out in the middle of something I can live with that. Thanks for your help. Z

Ok, so you definitely cleared your cookies, then logged in and had "Stay Logged In" checked before you hit the login button?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so you definitely cleared your cookies, then logged in and had "Stay Logged In" checked before you hit the login button?
Yes. I even had my son walk me through it again to make sure the cookies were gone. Then every time I open up the site I wait to see if I show up as logged in before I hit the login button. So far it isn't happening. And I make sure I don't log out. Sometimes I wonder if there is something in my energy field that messes with things because it is not unusual for weird stuff to happen or not happen as it should when I'm doing it. At my age I have more or less gotten used to it and living with it. LOL I choose not to sweat the small stuff. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One improvement for sure - when I click on a link I stay on this site. Before I was getting dumped as soon as I clicked on the link. That is a big help since other folk know how to include links even if I don't. Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it. Z

Top Bottom