• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Put Down 500.00 When There Were Only 1,500 Reservations.been Years?.i Even Forgot About It.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was maybe a couple of years ago I remembered putting down 500.00 on this car. I was very excited about this car when I first heard of it, I remember the amount I put down because I'd intended 250.00 but must have done something wrong and they took 500.00 from my account virtually putting me to zero...took awhile to recover...still I was so excited there were so very few reservations back then and I'd be first on the list. At some point I remember writing for a confirmation number? as I had not heard anything for over a year...Elio sent me a letter saying I was still on the list and I had only put down 100.00...I was so upset, I just quit checking on Elio...especially since they kept putting off the release date...I did not wait this long for my Smart Car reservation and that was 2 years!!!...It's a shame that Eli did not want to go by first sign up, first served, as Smart did...still...I've given up and only remember this when I see a rare ad...If it ever does happen, I won't be first on the list anyway, as they are serving rich people first (those with 1,000.00 dollars down) and it will be years beyond that before I "_MIGHT_ hear something from Elio?" at my age, I'll probably be dead or homeless by then...Still a great concept...and I stand behind the idea...Elise Keith
I'm behind you if you can show they took $500 from your account. I moved up to the $500 level at the end of May.

The bank you were using at the time should have your records for the transaction. I think they keep them for a minimum of seven years. But it might take a little time if it's already archived. Plus, if you made your deposit before 2014 if your memory of the total reservation number is correct, you actually have $900 credit to apply to your Elio ($500 deposit + $250 50% match + $150 30% bonus match for long time supporters.)

I'm looking for good things soon.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very true; I'm a prime example.
I've been on SSD since 9-2013 (SSD = Social Security Disability aka Fixed income) and took a huge hit in income (I had a 6 figure job)
I did my deposit in steps for $100, $250, $500 and finally $1,000 and still managed to keep a roof over our heads, bills paid and food on the table.
So don't despair over not having the top amount; you do what you can, and be happy with what you have rather than unhappy with what you don't have.
We may have different perspectives at times, but we're in the same boat, though I never made it to six figures before going on disability.

ps Rich is anyone making more than you. Few ever consider themselves rich no matter what they make.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to know how to input some upgrades and where the next event is scheduled.
You can to the Elio Motors Site, or you can go to it directly at http://myelio.me
When you're on that page, click "Start Configurator"
This is more or less the Beta version, and there will be many changes to it in the future, more options, possibly different prices; it's just something to let you get the feel for how EM is going to do their builds when ordering.
As for a schedule of appearances, the Elio Motors site is the place for those too.
It will tell you where, when and which Elio; they are touring with both the P4 and the P5

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was maybe a couple of years ago I remembered putting down 500.00 on this car. I was very excited about this car when I first heard of it, I remember the amount I put down because I'd intended 250.00 but must have done something wrong and they took 500.00 from my account virtually putting me to zero...took awhile to recover...still I was so excited there were so very few reservations back then and I'd be first on the list. At some point I remember writing for a confirmation number? as I had not heard anything for over a year...Elio sent me a letter saying I was still on the list and I had only put down 100.00...I was so upset, I just quit checking on Elio...especially since they kept putting off the release date...I did not wait this long for my Smart Car reservation and that was 2 years!!!...It's a shame that Eli did not want to go by first sign up, first served, as Smart did...still...I've given up and only remember this when I see a rare ad...If it ever does happen, I won't be first on the list anyway, as they are serving rich people first (those with 1,000.00 dollars down) and it will be years beyond that before I "_MIGHT_ hear something from Elio?" at my age, I'll probably be dead or homeless by then...Still a great concept...and I stand behind the idea...Elise Keith

Here is a web site where you may feel at home.

http://www.elioclub.org/forums/

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Might be because it is as active as she is. She hasn't even visited since she started the conversation.
You saw that too.
She left fairly soon after writing the post, and hasn't been back since.
She could be looking in as a "Guest", but I think it was just a venting post.
It does sound a little suspicious; says she put the deposit in a long time ago and then forgot about it?
And then goes on to say "she meant to tell it $250, but it took $500 by mistake; took a while to recover".
And then get a letter from EM saying she only put $100 down?? Ok, so why wasn't your first call to EM?
Why wait for a while, and then vent about it here.
Then goes on to slam "rich people" (aka anyone that put $1K down).
But does include she waited 2 years for her new Smart.
Closes with "by the time it shows up I'll be homeless or dead" and she's only 57.

Anyone one else happen to see the red flags?

Top Bottom