• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Remember This Forum ...

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember this forum when I first came to it. It was filled with excited people full of expectations and sharing a common energy of looking forward to something good in the future.

Things have changed recently. After the announcement of the production delay from 2015 to 2016, the mood changed from excitement and elation to disappointment and skepticism. Where there was confidence there is now worry. Where there was jubilation, there is now anxiety. Formerly there were so many posts, I could not keep up with them. Now I will come back after a break and find few new posts. I am emotionally spent. Others are too.

I recently received an email from a forum member who had decided to take a break. I have been thinking of doing likewise. They were considering staying away until:

1. funding comes through
2. the whole party is over

A few extreme naysayers have been predicting doom and gloom and recently things have taking a turn for the worse. But do know this: they have no more insight into matters than the rest of us. Their negativity is due to their own personal anguish inside them.

The ranks may thin out on this forum but when funding comes through, which I believe it will, the old members will come back and the excitement will be even greater than before. It will be like greeting old friends we never met.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I usually visit daily. I am not a negative poster so I am in the positive camp. I think people get burned out over time regardless if they are positive or negative. You will see more positive post when more positive progress is made. As of right now its a waiting game.

I am here to the end good or bad

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel the same since the last delay and tried to stay away for awhile and/or limit my posting until there was indication of funding and progress beyond spit shining the tired P4, but that lasted about 2 hours. I must really like you guys and didn't want you to feel the disappointment and loss of my humor.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I remember this forum when I first came to it. It was filled with excited people full of expectations and sharing a common energy of looking forward to something good in the future.

Things have changed recently. After the announcement of the production delay from 2015 to 2016, the mood changed from excitement and elation to disappointment and skepticism. Where there was confidence there is now worry. Where there was jubilation, there is now anxiety. Formerly there were so many posts, I could not keep up with them. Now I will come back after a break and find few new posts. I am emotionally spent. Others are too.

I recently received an email from a forum member who had decided to take a break. I have been thinking of doing likewise. They were considering staying away until:

1. funding comes through
2. the whole party is over

A few extreme naysayers have been predicting doom and gloom and recently things have taking a turn for the worse. But do know this: they have no more insight into matters than the rest of us. Their negativity is due to their own personal anguish inside them.

The ranks may thin out on this forum but when funding comes through, which I believe it will, the old members will come back and the excitement will be even greater than before. It will be like greeting old friends we never met.

Agreed. Another thought: with all of this free time during more delays, it becomes easier for folks to turn on one another and argue. Nothing wrong with stating opposing viewpoints and respectfully disagreeing, but there's nothing gained by telling someone that their way of thinking is wrong and ridiculous.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[snip]there's nothing gained by telling someone that their way of thinking is wrong and ridiculous.
Unless of course it IS wrong and ridiculous.

Read this today:
"You hang Up."
"No, you hang Up"
No, you hang Up!" - Couple arguing while displaying their Pixar poster collection.

(Wait for it....)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. Another thought: with all of this free time during more delays, it becomes easier for folks to turn on one another and argue. Nothing wrong with stating opposing viewpoints and respectfully disagreeing, but there's nothing gained by telling someone that their way of thinking is wrong and ridiculous.
Multiple likes!

Top Bottom