• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Remember This Forum ...

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I keep checking everyday (unless other things swamp me or there are tech glitches) to see what's up and occasionally make comment if it is within my ken or it needs my keen insight (I know, you probably gagged on that last bit) to bring things into focus. I'm still planning on driving my Elio next year but things are sort of in a lull with a lot of speculation and such going on at this point that I can only read and consider. I don't have anything to add to them, so I don't. It is good to see consistancy of participation on elioowners though, like someone said, we don't know what's going on and those making predictions of gloom and doom are doing it with no factual proof, any more than I have factual proof that I'm driving my Elio next year! I sure plan to though!

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree - the seeming lack of product news out of EM has limited the discussion (and speculation) over the final configuration of the Elio. We've all sort of figured out the options we want, what aftermarket mods we will make, even the places we'll go with our new trikes - so now it's easy to get a little frustrated when each new delay is announced.

What isn't helping is the constant recycling of old news from EM. I'm sure there are plenty of new potential customers out there, but reprinting the same tired old pictures over the same tired old ads has caused me to block everything out of EM's e-mails except for "new" announcements. I'm seriously considering blocking ALL contact with the company and just coming here for my Elio news. At least I don't get two or three e-mails a day from you guys that there's an upcoming visit of the P4 in East Keester, Pennsylvania and there will be a major product announcement concerning the location of the gas cap.

Right now, Elio Owners is the most powerful marketing tool the company has in its corner. Most of the pap coming out of EM is useless. At least here we can gather meaningful news from the mods and admins - and others who are closely connected to the front lines. I'd rather put up with a few trolls (that I can selectively ignore) and listen to the good sense most of our members can offer, than listen to the "official" company line ground out by a handful of publicity flacks. Consider it "crowdsourcing" your product news. :cool:

Top Bottom