• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Say Yes - Wife Says No!

Doni

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The wife and I drove down to West Palm Beach Friday (4-11) to see the P4 in person. I liked what I saw but the wife may have nixed the deal because she said she felt claustrophobic sitting in the back seat. :(

My wife hasn't even sat in it but she's still totally against the idea. I told her I'd be buying one whether she liked it or not and she could keep the car we currently have.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
My wife hasn't even sat in it but she's still totally against the idea. I told her I'd be buying one whether she liked it or not and she could keep the car we currently have.

Luckily the Elio should be affordable enough to make this possible. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Navigator, why did you want an Elio in the first place? What is it replacing? Who will drive it?Who currently drives the family car?

My wife was not against it at all, but if we go on a long trip she would likely get a lot of front seat time because she gets car sick easily. We're buying one because it makes sound financial sense. I can spend what I do now and keep driving my car (350 miles a week) with 200k+ miles or I can spend less than I do now and drive a new car; it's the easiest decision I've made in my life. Once the car is paid off then I will spend dramatically less. We will still have two other options for family errands or trips; our Jeep Cherokee and our motorhome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doni

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. We currently have 2 vehicles but one is a beater (89 golf) to use while we're in the UK. We'll have two. Vehicles again when we get back so why not make one an Elio!?

Sent from my telly. Forgive any auto-correct errors.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. We currently have 2 vehicles but one is a beater (89 golf) to use while we're in the UK. We'll have two. Vehicles again when we get back so why not make one an Elio!?

Sent from my telly. Forgive any auto-correct errors.
So where are you located now?

Ray

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The wife and I drove down to West Palm Beach Friday (4-11) to see the P4 in person. I liked what I saw but the wife may have nixed the deal because she said she felt claustrophobic sitting in the back seat. :(
When she is in the car, let her drive. She won't have to feel claustrophobic. :) You might but you already want one. :)

ccryder

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine also doesn't like closed in places. This will be an extra vehicle that I'll use and maybe over time she will try it out.

I had thought about a Spyder as a transition from 2 wheels but it's too expensive, $17-$23k. Elio fills my needs and seems like fun to boot!

Top Bottom