• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Shall Call It "total Enviormental Impact!"

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I knew it!!!! this is what comes from waking a sleep walker. Now he want to call me names. LOL
Pardon my zeal for it is not aimed at you per say . Its' the endless drool of the national media's completely inundating the airways with this tripe that really gets me going . So certainly as one can trap a butterfly for scientific analysis so precisely are your misstatements on this matter trappable and revealed. I gave you 2 easily verifiable statements from the Climatology Sciences. (not your proposed junk science sites) It is most discourteous for you to completely ignore them not to mention unscientific.

And then you expect me to read from a "UN" site that has a proven long history of Ani American propaganda not scientific in the slightest.
I would ask all to observe this as a test tube case of how when Libs confronted with facts start attacking with presenter and cover up with trashy Al Gore type propaganda from the "UN" no less.
This all should really be PMed, you know.
Boy, @Folks, seems like @Elio Amazed and I were able to have a great discussion. We disagree with each other, but both, I think, come away from the conversation better having had it.

D Borland

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have read several articles and comments in different places where people call Elio part of the problem due to it's internal combustion power plant.

I would love to see a real comparison of the environmental impact of so called green cars compared to Elio.

Let's think about the very trendy electric car from Nissan, the Leaf. Yes it's true that the leaf produces zero emissions out the tail pipe, but compared to an Elio how much more impact to the environment will getting a heavier car from manufacturing to you local dealer than the Elio make? How long could you drive the Elio for the difference?

What about the the environmental impact of turning the raw materials into usable materials at the car plant? With the Elio being significant simpler with many less parts, the enviormental impact would be much less than that of the Leaf. How many more miles can I drive the Elio before breaking even?

I'm sure we can collectively come up with more ways that the Elio impacts the environment less than most (if not all) so called green cars.

Am I on the right track hère or am I looking at this through rose colored glasses. Is it possible that Elio could be greener than the Leaf (or you fill in the blank) in "Total Environmental Impact" than any other car made?
That's not even counting the green house effect of the electricity used to charged it every few miles.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Boy, @Folks, seems like @Elio Amazed and I were able to have a great discussion. We disagree with each other, but both, I think, come away from the conversation better having had it.
I was pretty sure you did not buy into the political rhetoric that is being passed off as science. Now I'm not so sure. Perhaps I should re read your posts to make certain. Elioamazed was attempting to purvey a very repugnant liberal political talking point as gospel. LOL He did nothing but ignore my simple points. That really all there was between he and I. Maybe you can get him to address my 2 documentations. LOL
PS what was the "butterfly effect"?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was pretty sure you did not buy into the political rhetoric that is being passed off as science. Now I'm not so sure. Perhaps I should re read your posts to make certain. Elioamazed was attempting to purvey a very repugnant liberal political talking point as gospel. LOL He did nothing but ignore my simple points. That really all there was between he and I. Maybe you can get him to address my 2 documentations. LOL
PS what was the "butterfly effect"?

All I was saying in my post to you is, as conservatives, when we face discussions with Liberals, I find it best to remain as civil and polite as possible, because once it goes anywhere from there, it goes down hill FAST! Then no one is listening.
Butterfly effect:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect
Something about if a butterfly flaps it's wings two weeks before a tornado, it will effect the path of the tornado...
Has to do with minute changes effecting larger scale things, even to the point where they seem unrelated.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of (Elio) your take on Climate (Elio) change, or global warming (Elio) or what side of the political (Elio) and scientific fence you (Elio) sit on, I think the issue (Elio) comes down to facts vs projections / predictions (Elio) and whether the cause of (Elio) any temperature change is (Elio) man-made or a natural, cyclical (Elio) phenomenon. And is there anything any of us could really do to effect it in any distinguishable way. Since the Earth has been around for anywhere from 7000 to umpteen billions of years through all the turmoil and it's fared pretty well, I think it's kind of arrogant to think that anything we little humans do could possibly have any effect on the survivability of this perfectly designed and balanced universe. (Elio)

Yea I get it another humorous post. good one

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dust bowl.
Butterfly effect.
Passenger pigeon.
I had to look all of those up! This has been a very educational conversation!
I'm feeling pretty intellectually inadequate though. Thanks for bearing with me.

I will say, obviously, as you have stated, humans can and do effect things. And we make mistakes. Most, like the dust bowl, we also fix. That being said, even the dust bowl, as far as I know, didn't have any long term and especially any global impact on the Earth. The Global Warming believers are telling me that I am destroying the planet, and I just don't buy it. I don't think we have that much power.

WE know ALL the banter is either faith based or fact based, and from each side there is no middle. If you (generic- not focused on you Comptrex) are of the faith that this just is a "cycle", and (you generic me)) want to let science and the facts support your position so be it, but what say lets move on, or not "your call). thanks, I'm finished, gonna move on to other topics

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WE know ALL the banter is either faith based or fact based, and from each side there is no middle. If you (generic- not focused on you Comptrex) are of the faith that this just is a "cycle", and (you generic me)) want to let science and the facts support your position so be it, but what say lets move on, or not "your call). thanks, I'm finished, gonna move on to other topics

Yeah, we kind of let this die yesterday. I'm glad. Though it was educational and actually fun, it was going nowhere. Best to depart as friends.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, we kind of let this die yesterday. I'm glad. Though it was educational and actually fun, it was going nowhere. Best to depart as friends.
I'm astounded also we got this far in this venue because one can not possibly hold people into account as should be. I like to think this conversation was bound and dependent on our better angels.LOL Yet the Accountability is at least squarely in their libs court for now.
PS Liberalism if very much just another religion. Make no mistake about that.

Top Bottom