• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

If You Don't Believe....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't say this, but.....
If you don't fervently want Elio Motors to become a reality, if you don't want to own one (or two) more than you wanted anything for Christmas as a child, if you can't visualize how this can truly revolutionize the future of the auto industry then please. PLEASE, PLEASE go away. I enjoy coming to this forum to share hopes and dreams about something that might just come to pass. I share the vision and I will not let you spoil it. It doesn't matter to me what reasoning you have to prove your position that it can't happen. I don't agree with everything that is on this forum - or everything from Elio Motors web/FB pages - but that doesn't stop me from wanting mine. If you want one, stay and share. If you don't, please pee in someone else's Cheerios. There will be bad news and negatives along the way. I have been disappointed in my lifetime often - but I want this one bright spot on the horizon to succeed - if for no other reason than to show American's can still create without pure profit at the forefront. That's my rant. My ignore' button finger is now poised.
Sounds like an imaginary place, an Elio Shangri-la. I'm not sure Paul Elio would buy into the concept. A degree of question and doubt may keep him focused on the prize.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you don't fervently want Elio Motors to become a reality, if you don't want to own one (or two) more than you wanted anything for Christmas as a child, if you can't visualize how this can truly revolutionize the future of the auto industry then please. PLEASE, PLEASE go away. I enjoy coming to this forum to share hopes and dreams about something that might just come to pass. I share the vision and I will not let you spoil it. It doesn't matter to me what reasoning you have to prove your position that it can't happen. I don't agree with everything that is on this forum - or everything from Elio Motors web/FB pages - but that doesn't stop me from wanting mine. If you want one, stay and share. If you don't, please pee in someone else's Cheerios. There will be bad news and negatives along the way. I have been disappointed in my lifetime often - but I want this one bright spot on the horizon to succeed - if for no other reason than to show American's can still create without pure profit at the forefront. That's my rant. My ignore' button finger is now poised.

I have to agree with you, and frankly am getting a little annoyed with the pompous BS that keeps appearing from the usual sources.
I also find the sources who constantly take every thread and train of thought and derail them when they get bored irritating.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
dummkopfs, Sie befinden sich deutsche saugt.
laut lachen meine freunde. :p:D

Stephen, thank you, People who have nothing good to say bore me too. I'm
not suggesting that we just sit around and drink the proverbial Koolaid but
that we find a happy medium between that and bile. ;)

I find myself drawn here to meet nice folks who share a dream and a whole pot full of knowledge to draw from. :)

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score

If you feel that strongly about it why not go $1000 all in. Those for us that have are showing our support for ELIO in the best way . We have a right to question progress. It maybe the only right we have . Facts are no Number no skin in this.

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's easy to be negative about anything and I exspect a negative person finds some happiness in being right in the end if that's the way things pan out,but I don't believe their happiness will last long and end the end it will only make them more negative about things. On the other hand ,if you are positive about things . I think , it makes you feel better and probably better for your health. I think you'd find people like to be around you more and your positive additute may infect others. It does take more work to be positive though ,you have to build on things,where as negativity tears down which is the easy way out.

Ocean9000

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two points to ponder - and keep in mind, I am a pessimist by way of constant disappointment...

1.) To all those who think the engine hasn't run - someone has mentioned that it "has produced more [hp] than anticipated" (not an exact quote, but from memory) - so it must have run... and, of course, been built.

2.) PE does not want to sell interest in EM. Selling would be a great way to get "scam" money, holding ownership only makes him the big bucks if the Elio sells and sells big.

Make of this what you wish, to me it means EM is working hard to get a product to market.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have no doubt People at ELIO are working hard. There business model is not working. Honest hard work often fails. I would guess they have figured that out and are now being quiet as they try to regroup and come back with a stronger front.
I do question why nothing new about the engine sense they failed to headline the staring of it. Time will tell.

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you feel that strongly about it why not go $1000 all in. Those for us that have are showing our support for ELIO in the best way . We have a right to question progress. It maybe the only right we have . Facts are no Number no skin in this.
I applaud those who have the faith and $ to go 'all in' - unfortunately I don't have the funds as of now (I'm saving my overtime to reach that goal). While I fully understand the disappointment many have eloquently expressed in threads here, I'd rather see more constructive thoughts as to what we could do to further the Elio Cause. I tell everyone I can about Elio. Recently, while have my Escape Hybrid serviced, I spoke to two other customers in the waiting area about my 'future ride' - the Elio. I even pointed across the street and told them it would be serviced at the Pep Boys there. To paraphrase and bastardise a great man for my own selfish interests, "...Ask not what Elio can do for you; ask what you can do for Elio."

Top Bottom