• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Infinite Skyz Skyzmatic System

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
By the time the Elio is produced the SkyzMatic will also be available for Android. That was part of the original announcement. :) Z

There was some information somewhere that said iPhones and iPads, something like that. So when folks read that and "Android" wasn't shown in the list, they expressed concern (or freaked, lol).

But yeah, all major OS's will be supported by SkyzMatic.

rdoearth

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Grant Inscoe over at 'Future Elio Owners of America' Group on FB had this to say:

"Hi - I am new to this group and was reading through some of the comments about the new iPad integration from Skyz. I thought that $2K was a ton on money for a dashboard on an iPad, so I called them and spoke with Elizabeth Drake, the president of the company, and asked her a ton of questions. She gave me more information that I could type in this post, but I'll share the highlights:

All Elio cars will come from the factory with a wiring harness for this system, so upgrades and changes can me made at any time. A second connector/interface on the harness will be there to future proof against Apple's form factor changes and allow for other future connectivity.
The system consists of three components: 1) the wiring harness, 2) a "Skyz Box", computer w/hard drive and cellular connectivity and 3) an antenna.

The Skyz Box is the central hub that takes the hard wired CANbus signals from the car's ECU as and sends the data to the iPad over Bluetooth. The Skyz Box also provides a Wi-Fi link to the system.
read about that here:

http://www.infiniteskyz.com/hardware/skyzbox-plus.html

Here are the features for the $2000 system:

Connectivity:
Wi-Fi hotspot
VOIP calling (integrated into car's sound system.)
Internet radio
GPS/NAV
Bluetooth connectivity for iPad, iPhone and Apple watch connectivity to the car
The car will have some sort of cradle that can lock the iPad in place and charge it.

Sensors:
accelerometer
Front and rear radar/proximity sensors
Front and rear cameras
Left and right blind spot sensors
360 degree fish eye camera

Capabilities:
Cameras will record if accelerometer detects movement even if car is unattended - theft or crash
Cameras can be remotely accessed from web
Lock or unlock remotely
remote start
read ambient temp remotely
ability to set GPS fences, speed and time limits for children or employees.

When I asked about the price, Elizabeth told me that $2K is the total price for everything mentioned here, but there will be lower cost options that may include only the iPad interface to the CANbus for the dash display for less than $1K. She also said that the software running the dash on the iPad will have different skins so that the appearance can be changed to suit individual taste.

Cheers!
Grant #5897"

rdoearth

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Grant just responded:

"I'll be glad to follow up with any questions if folks want to message me - I based my comments on a 20min conversation. There is also a contact on the Skyz website that any of us can access."

SO post some questions!!! :)

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't thinking I'd get this, then I read this from today's Tech Talk,

"The connectivity will also provide Bluetooth 4.0, in-vehicle Wi-Fi internet access, camera monitoring and logging, vehicle location monitoring and accelerometer data monitoring."

Then there was this,

"While SkyzMatic is high on the “wow” factor, we aren’t doing it just to be cool. Much of the functionality provides important safety features, such as the ability to track location, mileage and accelerator data, which will be a valuable tool to help parents monitor their children’s driving habits."

I just hope they get an Android version since there is a larger market for Android than with iOS.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't thinking I'd get this, then I read this from today's Tech Talk,

"The connectivity will also provide Bluetooth 4.0, in-vehicle Wi-Fi internet access, camera monitoring and logging, vehicle location monitoring and accelerometer data monitoring."

Then there was this,

"While SkyzMatic is high on the “wow” factor, we aren’t doing it just to be cool. Much of the functionality provides important safety features, such as the ability to track location, mileage and accelerator data, which will be a valuable tool to help parents monitor their children’s driving habits."

I just hope they get an Android version since there is a larger market for Android than with iOS.
They did say they would have that by production. :-) Z

Top Bottom