• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Insurance Costs? (egads!) Another Can Of Worms!

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want an AUTO Loan rate (2.49% for 36 mo. ~$200/mo.~) and an insurance MOTORCYCLE rate ($10/mo.)
I can see the auto loan rate being applied, as it is a new motor vehicle that costs about 2/3 of what a used vehicle of recent vintage costs. If they're going to lend me $14,000 on a 3-yo car, OR $5,000 on a 15-yo car, then they can blessed well lend me $7,000 for an Elio.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't returned bottles since I was a kid when everything was glass and wood crates. They wouldn't know what to do if you returned something here?

When going home from college, I picked up bottles from the Right of Way. 24 two-cent bottles would buy 2 gallons of 19 cent gasoline. With my Fiat Bianchina 500 at 48 mpg, I was good for the 80 mile trip home.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't returned bottles since I was a kid when everything was glass and wood crates. They wouldn't know what to do if you returned something here?
upload_2016-4-18_8-18-4.png

1960 Fiat Bianchina

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Many of you are shooting yourself in the foot by asking agents what the insurance will be at this time. Many insurance companies have not heard of the Elio yet. At the Perry Ga showing of the P5 I overheard one of the Elio team telling a guy that there was a classification between motorcycles and cars. She said the insurance would be a little more expensive than a motorcycle but less than a car. That makes sense. Think about it insurance cost are based on the cost to repair a damaged vehicle and what its total replacement cost is. I would never even think of calling my agent to ask what it will cost me to insure a vehicle that is not being built yet and insurance companies are ignorant about.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Many of you are shooting yourself in the foot by asking agents what the insurance will be at this time. Many insurance companies have not heard of the Elio yet. At the Perry Ga showing of the P5 I overheard one of the Elio team telling a guy that there was a classification between motorcycles and cars. She said the insurance would be a little more expensive than a motorcycle but less than a car. That makes sense. Think about it insurance cost are based on the cost to repair a damaged vehicle and what its total replacement cost is. I would never even think of calling my agent to ask what it will cost me to insure a vehicle that is not being built yet and insurance companies are ignorant about.
I don't understand how we are shooting ourselves in the foot. Most of us just want to know how much savings (most likely) we'll see over a car.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
let's not forget accidents, age, and sex, impact rates.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And the sooner the insurance companies start paying attention to a new vehicle about to hit the market the easier it will be for us to get insurance at a reasonable and appropriate cost.
Ask your Agent to quote you a stated value collector car policy. You should find it quite reasonable and not much more than a future Insurance class rating for the new Auto cycle not yet available.

Top Bottom