• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Interesting Article On Blockchain And Tzero.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good job Elio, you are living proof of the that age old P.T. Barnum adage...""...is still alive and well.
Count me in as one also - Thanks

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting news from Seeking Alpha:

Crypto watch: Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK) expects its tZERO security token trading platform to go live by the end of next week. Shares of Overstock.com ripped a gain of 11% on Friday in anticipation of the launch.

Hopefully Elio will happen soon.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While the tZero forward progress piques my interest, I remain steadfastly skeptical regarding how much benefit this might serve Elio Motors. The Regulation A+ IPO conducted on the StartEngine platform netted the company less than $17M at a time when the crowdfunding effort and publicity push were at their strongest.

On the heels of over two years of relative inactivity masquerading as fundraising efforts, I struggle to rationalize how there might be sufficient interest in the Elio Motors project to raise any meaningful investment capital. The ElioCoin STO could feasibly launch in February with institutional and accredited investors able to buy in at first. Public unaccredited investors won't reportedly gain access to the buy-in opportunity until August or beyond, but I don't see that as a handicap considering that's the same market share that had access to the Reg A+ offering.

So everything really hinges upon a grand deal involving a handful of institutional investors with deep pockets and a propensity for high-risk investing in a brand new security offering on a brand new trading platform operated by a brand new startup headed by a vigilante CEO in Patrick Byrne who is willing to sell out his signature business in the hopes of creating a new market segment, while hedging on the wild bet that Elio Motors can dig their way out of debt, finish R&D, build and test pre-production vehicles, and reach readiness to deliver factory-built production vehicles to reservationists -- at a financial loss -- for as long as it takes to exhaust the backlog until they can raise the price to something more realistic/profitable for the low volume they'll find to be actual market demand for a 2-seater autocycle...

... As a reservation holder, I'll continue holding baited breath while this slowly and painstakingly unfolds...

Overall, well said...

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much stock into Elio Motors switching gears and going electric by the article quote. I've noticed that unless writers have been following the Elio story or do actual research, they automatically assume it's electric, because virtually all the new start-up automotive companies in the last decade are electric. Plus, multiple sites erroneously list Elio as electric when it's not.

I'll gladly eat my words if the next Elio press release states they're going electric, but I highly doubt it.

As a side-note, I do think it'd be wise for them to be contemplating an electric Elio for the future. I'd buy an EV Elio, with the same styling as the gas version, as frankly I think all the other EV Trikes look awful.
Part of the confusion is probably the first two letters of the name. EL which many will assume stands for electric. Writers no longer do much research because there is no longer any cost in getting it wrong, just for getting it late.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom