• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Interesting Article On The Atvm Program

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just finished reading that, and was coming here to post the link. :)

First paragraph: Arcimoto is going to try for an ATVM loan to expand their factory. Maybe they haven't learned from the past 8 years of history, that the DoE doesn't give it loans anymore.

Lots of good info in the article, including why Tesla paid their loan early, and how the loan program actually made money for the government.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still wonder what happened to Elio #1 ATVM loan. This is where Hari is the expert because he lived through an ATVM loan rejection, a withdrawal and getting paid $80K to keep the loan going in 2016.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still wonder what happened to Elio #1 ATVM loan. This is where Hari is the expert because he lived through an ATVM loan rejection, a withdrawal and getting paid $80K to keep the loan going in 2016.

Nice work if you can get it.... Imagine someone making a business consultancy around the ATVM loan (fellow old timers, there’s a song in here somewhere) but never actually successful at getting one. Isn’t Hari the one who said Paul was serial entrepreneur? Looks like all these ESG Engineeing guys are real characters!!

Let me get this straight and fully appreciate the timing: long before the Elio trike debacle, Paul and Hari via ESG Engineering were involved in other projects that essentially relied on DOE / ATVM funding but were always unsuccessful? Interesting business plan, to say the least!!

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice work if you can get it.... Imagine someone making a business consultancy around the ATVM loan (fellow old timers, there’s a song in here somewhere) but never actually successful at getting one. Isn’t Hari the one who said Paul was serial entrepreneur? Looks like all these ESG Engineeing guys are real characters!!

Let me get this straight and fully appreciate the timing: long before the Elio trike debacle, Paul and Hari via ESG Engineering were involved in other projects that essentially relied on DOE / ATVM funding but were always unsuccessful? Interesting business plan, to say the least!!
As long as the ATVM and VC people do not have internet, there is nothing to worry about.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
102E5E6E-6348-476D-94F2-D2B8627DB346.jpeg

Not sure which one is Hari and which one is Paul, if this ‘serial ATVM’ application story gets more legs, I’m going with Hari on the left and Paul as the ‘hapless’ Bloom. And it might be looking like ESG Engineering is the ‘common denominator’ and mothership to Elio Motors.....Any thoughts??

Last edited:
Top Bottom