• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Interesting Comments From Patrick Byrne And Paul Elio...

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not defending the DoE but the last ATVM loan was given out in 2011. Many others got rejected just like Elio did. So nothing was unique about Elio's situation. It just seems that way because if you only follow Elio, you think that's the only company the ATVM loan people were dealing with, yet they were not. When you apply for a loan the second time with a program that is notorious for not giving out loans, don't complain when you don't get it. If they were handing out money left and right but somehow made it overly difficult for Elio and they kept stalling, then you can complain. As we all know, that was not the situation.

That makes no sense at all. Ford is paying back the loan according to the terms (with interest), just like Nissan is. It's news to me that Ford is no longer in the car business but even if they were not, what difference does is make? Elio is not in the car business at all, they are in the autocycle business. The loan is for Vehicles and be it a car, truck, bus or autocycle, they are Vehicles.

That's not true. I know the owner of a Ford dealer here in town and he's one of the largest truck dealers in the state. I've specifically asked him about those aluminum bodies and what he's told me is they repair them just like they would steel bodies. In most cases it's easier because Ford has made it easier to replace panels than on the previous generation trucks, so many times, the job is faster and at a better level of quality than pounding out a fender or door, filling it, sanding it down and repeating that process over and over.

This is just like when people found out Porsche was gluing 991's together. It was all gloom and doom but after a while they found out it was easier, quicker and better level of quality once the car was repaired. Now, cars that sometimes were totaled in the past, are now fixable.
Gentlemen, before this gets started again, haven't we already done that thread to death?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here’s a few comments from a TV interview with Patrick Byrne and Paul Elio...

And I quote today’s KUTV interview...

>>>> Elio admits his company has struggled with funding.

"Our capital markets are broken," Elio said."I don’t think it was us. The system is broken."

The car company needs roughly $375-million to start production. So far, the company has raised $115-million.

"I think cryptocurrency is part of that solution," Elio said during the news conference without going into detail.

According to Byrne, the car company will raise money by selling security tokens similar to the cryptocurrency bitcoin.

"I’m actually more excited about the token," said Byrne, explaining that people who buy the coin won't have to wait in line to buy a car. <<<<

Hummm...does this mean the current reservation holders go to the back of the line...hard to understand Byrne’s thought process!

I think it means you can buy Elio, as in coin tokens, not buy the car without getting in line.

ElioWallSteet

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I think it means you can buy Elio, as in coin tokens, not buy the car without getting in line.

But Byrne is quoted as saying...

"I’m actually more excited about the token," said Byrne, explaining that people who buy the coin won't have to wait in line to buy a car.”

He clearly states that (ElioCoin holders) will not have to wait in line...

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But Byrne is quoted as saying...

"I’m actually more excited about the token," said Byrne, explaining that people who buy the coin won't have to wait in line to buy a car.”

He clearly states that (ElioCoin holders) will not have to wait in line...
He selling the coins. I hope that he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to delivering the autocycles. That would be a violation of trust of those who have been supporting Elio the longest.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see Paul Elio "sticking" it to the SIL folks. There may have to be some sort of modification or bending – but maybe it will be tolerable. I can't imagine Paul turning his back to the All-Ins…. IMHO, I don't think he'd do that.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am selling Rosscoins on par with Eliocoins. The coin entitles you to a handshake when you come to Toronto. If I cure word hunger and cancer, these coins will be priceless. Jump on the bandwagon before it is too late. I would like to tell you my progress on solving world hunger but the stupid NDA will not let me.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I'm reading between the lines right from what's not being confirmed, but suggested, then 115M has been spent already and is not available as additional production startup needs. An ADDITIONAL 200M+ is needed to actually fund production. The difference in the the $350M minus $115M spent and minus $200M Production Startup is additional Research costs and Costs which can be deferred until after production Startup. Some reduction in startup costs are being accomplished with Product supplier agreements, but will be added back to total Startup costs after production.

Startup Cost ~$350M
Spent ~$115M
Production Startup ~$200M minus deferrals from supplier agreements
Post Startup ~$35M plus deferrals from supplier agreements

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I'm reading between the lines right from what's not being confirmed, but suggested, then 115M has been spent already and is not available as additional production startup needs. An ADDITIONAL 200M+ is needed to actually fund production. The difference in the the $350M minus $115M spent and minus $200M Production Startup is additional Research costs and Costs which can be deferred until after production Startup. Some reduction in startup costs are being accomplished with Product supplier agreements, but will be added back to total Startup costs after production.

Startup Cost ~$350M
Spent ~$115M
Nope. Paul confirmed during the interview that (now slightly less than) $376M is STILL NEEDED for production.
Besides, which extremely generous, risk-taking individuals or corporations are going to DEFER $200M for EM on faith?

Last edited:

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Startup Cost ~$350M
Spent ~$115M
An additional $376.1 million is stated as being necessary to reach cash-flow positive, according to the most recent year-end annual SEC filing dated 5/02/2017. The full breakdown is in the filing .

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am selling Rosscoins on par with Eliocoins. The coin entitles you to a handshake when you come to Toronto. If I cure word hunger and cancer, these coins will be priceless. Jump on the bandwagon before it is too late. I would like to tell you my progress on solving world hunger but the stupid NDA will not let me.

And what's that got to do with the price of rice in China?

At this point in time I can't imagine that Paul Elio would still be spending time on getting the Elio into production if he didn't think it was possible. I look at recent developments as "the glass is half full". There are many on this forum who look at it as being "half empty". I'm hoping to meet a lot of you someday at an Elio rally or some such event. I'll hope to have enough crow to go around. I'll buy you a beer to wash it down with.

Top Bottom