• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Interior Dash

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you guys are right, I need glasses. Looks like to me the defrost vent goes across the top portion of the instrument panel.
Didn't they say at one time it would have air bags in the pillars?
Maybe I need a hearing aid also.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks to me like the speakers are just inboard of the pillars, a.c./heat vents are on either side of the instrument panel, defroster vents are just below the speakers.

Good eye! I didn't see the speaker grills until you mentioned them. If they're descent speakers [and they will be, one way or another, in my Elio], it ought to sound great!

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can see the speaker grills in front of the pillars. They look to only be about 4''-5''. I was really hoping they would be at least 6''. Oh well, I'm not buying it for the stereo anyway.

I am thinking there will also be two speakers in the doors too. Or at least there will be on mine ;) Well, on the door and on the right non-door.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors said the A-pillars would be smaller in the final design. Do these A-pillars looks narrower? I think they are but it is difficult to compare.

Would anyone with more computer skilled then me (that leaves a lot of people), be interested in posting both old and new pictures where the two can be compared?

Last edited:

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am thinking there will also be two speakers in the doors too. Or at least there will be on mine ;) Well, on the door and on the right non-door.
I thought about that too, but I'm thinking there will only be a couple inches depth at most to work with. Probably would have to go with shallow mount speakers, and fabricate stand off spacers to boot.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
dash-jpg.9104.jpg

I see the vents for the heat/air, the speaker holes just above them, but what are the vents on the A-pillar?

Top Bottom