• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree .... by definition he is a troll : "In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]"

in a recent thread he responded to being asked why he chooses to post on this forum, he responded, .... I understand that he's had what he considers to be a bad experience and that his behavior has been such that EM has banned him from some sites .... all that being said, its one thing to express concerns, its another to post in a deliberate effort to sew discontent and doubt
I understand both his and your apparent frustration...........ignore him.......or block him. Heck, ignore or block me for that matter. My comment was based on the fact I happen to know him from other vehicle forums and he doesn't fit the troll definition and is usually not far off topic. I think he's rather pissed off. It takes two or more to start an argument (general reference). Frankly, I think he should simply drop it because it really doesn't matter in the big scheme on an Elio Owners Forum, but then that's what the ignore button is for. I'm not siding because I don't care. I just want my Elio.

I only made the previous reply to RUCRAYZE because I agreed with his post regarding his no need for name calling comment in an apparent argument or disagreement. I don't even care much for the term Troll because I feel a person Trolls for sport and entertainment value just to rile me up.

NOTE: I agree with 95% of your posts. That's a huge percentage!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the sudden shift from all's well to announcing a funding issue was most certainly perplexing (I'm being nice) .... I know it most certainly raised questions and some doubts in my mind .... the cryptic response from EM's public relations didn't do a very good job of clearing things up .... at that point I choose to simply take what little was released at face value and resume following the company's progress .... while I still tend to believe that they will bring the project into production, I fully realize that may not be the case .... I prefer to stay positive and am enjoying the ride
Who announced a funding issue?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Frankly, I think he should simply drop it because it really doesn't matter in the big scheme on an Elio Owners Forum, but then that's what the ignore button is for. I'm not siding because I don't care. I just want my Elio.

I only made the previous reply to RUCRAYZE because I agreed with his post regarding his no need for name calling comment in an apparent argument or disagreement. I don't even care much for the term Troll because I feel a person Trolls for sport and entertainment value just to rile me up.

NOTE: I agree with 95% of your posts. That's a huge percentage!

I have no issues with you, I enjoy reading your post .... to me what he says is of no consequence .... my concern is for new folks who join the forum looking for information can be unduly swayed by his native tirades .... if he presented an honest view, it would be different but when the way he consistently presents half truths and presents opinions as facts is a very different matter .... his announced goal of doing just that puts him in a very low class

Top Bottom