• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't suppose it's a 140/80 - 18? :D:D:D:D.

Nope, that's definitely not it. :D

I just searched and found the information in the wheels and tires thread: www.elioowners.com/threads/wheels-tires.1683/

Last year we were told that the tire sizes EM and Cooper were considering was either 135/70R15 or 135/75R15.

From a little research on tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-calculator/ we discovered that the more commonly available 145/65R15 is close enough in size to the EM size that if needed it should work just fine as a replacement.

As compared to a 135/70R15 the 145/65R15 is actually the same size diameter tire except it is 0.4" wider.
As compared to a 135/75R15 the 145/65R15 would about 0.6" smaller diameter while being 0.4" wider.

The tire size question would likely be a very good question for someone to ask if they get a chance to do so at the New York Auto Show.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
@ RickB -- gotta love "DOElio" . Actually, since they haven't made any new loan guarantees in over two years, it makes you wonder what those people do all day ....
Thanks! In answer to your question about what they do all day.......energy related stuff.

I seriously hope they are busy managing the DOE's $34.7 Billion venture capital portfolio. DOE is actually making us some profit on interest even with the couple of smaller failures of Fisker and Solyndra.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If you remember the manhole cover misfortune in New York, I'm glad they re-routed it!

That was just for the prototype as EM never had any intention of having an exhaust hang below the vehicle like that as it hurts aerodynamics. This vehicle is being designed with a smooth underside and so it can accommodate an undertray. The undertray will be standard or optional depending on its cost and how close to the MPG target the vehicle is without it.

Another interesting bit is that until now we have been told that the exhaust would not exit at the rear because the fuel tank was in the way making routing the exhaust to the rear difficult. This image now has me wondering if the recent news about the fuel tank size reduction may actually be attributable to this new exhaust routing instead of to the rear seat being lowered as we had surmised.

Last edited:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Asking anyone at all for money sure works for Paster Creflo Dollar. He is now asking for a Gulfstream G650 jet with a cost of 64 million to replace his old jet.

His followers have no chance to get there money back, where if you give your money to Paul Elio, you might lose it, but you might gain a fortune.

So, if he can pursue another avenue where people can invest without having 200K income or a million in assets (not counting home), might be wise to attempt.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Asking anyone at all for money sure works for Paster Creflo Dollar. He is now asking for a Gulfstream G650 jet with a cost of 64 million to replace his old jet.

His followers have no chance to get there money back, where if you give your money to Paul Elio, you might lose it, but you might gain a fortune.

So, if he can pursue another avenue where people can invest without having 200K income or a million in assets (not counting home), might be wise to attempt.
LOL don't attract the trolls complaining Elio won't get you into heaven :rolleyes: :)

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The minimum charge requirement plus the fact of interest and equity dependency in you car.
So yes, the interest rate is primary. Likely 0 interest if fully paid each month, but some uncomfortable amount if you let the balance build up to the cap of ?$500?.
If you don't buy x amount, you get a $75 payment charge, something like that.
If you don't pay at least $75 after the card maxes out, you get repo'd at some point. Pretty easy to repo an Elio. Just takes 6 guys and a 1/2 ton pick-up or flat-bed trailer. (yes yes, flat-bed tow-truck is easier :) )
If there was no interest charged for "in full" monthly payments, there would be no reason not to buy the Elio that way... but I doubt that would be the case. I'm sure there will be some sort of interest charge since the balance starts out around $6,800 bucks. Someone is taking that risk.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If there was no interest charged for "in full" monthly payments, there would be no reason not to buy the Elio that way... but I doubt that would be the case. I'm sure there will be some sort of interest charge since the balance starts out around $6,800 bucks. Someone is taking that risk.
I mean as an extra charge on unpaid CARD balance. The Elio loan itself has it's own interest.

Think of it this way, the card gives you a way to skip a payment and catch back up later, for a little more interest.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The minimum charge requirement plus the fact of interest and equity dependency in you car.
So yes, the interest rate is primary. Likely 0 interest if fully paid each month, but some uncomfortable amount if you let the balance build up to the cap of ?$500?.
If you don't buy x amount, you get a $75 payment charge, something like that.
If you don't pay at least $75 after the card maxes out, you get repo'd at some point. Pretty easy to repo an Elio. Just takes 6 guys and a 1/2 ton pick-up or flat-bed trailer. (yes yes, flat-bed tow-truck is easier :) )
6 guys is probably 3 too many!!
Lets see EM sells you a vehicle, and you think there will be no interest charged if you pay the min monthly amount-
Can't think of any vehicle I could purchase in which I pay-off just principal each month. Why would ANYONE pay for the e upfront? if for the same $ outlay over time would be the same amount?
Either you buy it outright
Some finance Company (EM will have their hands full to worry about financing- it'll be a 3rd party) handle it -what would EM they do with a repo 6800+ - 3 wheel registered used motorcycle?? Open their own used E showroom?

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course there will be interest to pay . Currently , the average rate for a 60 month car loan is 4.31 % .
Add another $9 per month to the equation . I don't think that's a deal breaker . It's a creative way to get folks into the vehicle with nothing but a signature and highlight the fuel cost savings .

Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree .... by definition he is a troll : "In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]"

in a recent thread he responded to being asked why he chooses to post on this forum, he responded, .... I understand that he's had what he considers to be a bad experience and that his behavior has been such that EM has banned him from some sites .... all that being said, its one thing to express concerns, its another to post in a deliberate effort to sew discontent and doubt
Would calling another person dummy fit that description?

Top Bottom