• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, that was a new one that wasn't added to my address book. It is now. Interested to read the form tomorrow.

Easy way to get around the blocker than is enter the whitelist address as *@eliomotors.com <that is an asterisk / star> which will act as a wildcard.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like an act of desperation. I think this would have looked better 2 years ago.

He <Paul> wants this to happen just as much, probably more than everyone on here; maybe he sees it as a way to help speed up the process.
I really can't agree with a desperation step.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I've said,
Realizing he is jeopardizing the whole project by trying to maintain complete control, Paul probably finally decided to allow investors so at least the project will get off the ground. He'll lose a lot by bringing in investors and that is a decision he probably didn't come to lightly. I would have certainly put off selling part of my company if I were in his shoes till I absolutely had to.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems like an act of desperation. I think this would have looked better 2 years ago.

I don't know. Could be a good move by Paul. I'm sure he didn't just decide this without input from the BoD. They might have been in talks with potential investors, and need to make this announcement to open the gates (so to speak).

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
This move is not a new idea for EM at all but is simply EM adapting previous ideas into the current plan in order to meet their goals. This is what is known as a private placement and this is actually EM's fourth attempt at doing this since 2011. We know this from Elio Motors filings with the SEC. So contrary to the popularly held, but mistaken belief, Paul Elio and the EM board are not doing anything with this offering that they have not been prepared to do all along.

The noticeable difference between this offering and previous EM private placements is that thanks to a relatively recent change in federal law EM is now allowed to advertise this offering publicly. This is why EM has also hired the broker dealer, Corporate Fuels Securities, to assist with marketing this private placement to investors.

Another difference which we know from the SEC filing related to this offering is that officially this is offering is being sold as debt and not equity. I believe this is a ploy to make the investment more appealing by selling convertible bonds which is a bond that is convertible to equity. This means that officially the investors in this round of funding would be bond holders who can opt to either receive their bond payments or accept equity in the company. Bond holders are also ahead in line if the company were to fail so theoretically they would stand a chance at recovering some portion of the investment if that were to happen. This would make the investment safer than simple equity investing thus should make it easier for EM to find investors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom