• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply md. My point is simply this if EM could get 60,000 people to pre-order much as Musk did with Tesla (but of course not as many) a lot of financial problems would go away. And if it takes giving up some equity to make that happen it would be worth it because as things stand now EM seems to need a financial boost very soon.
If there was some viable alternative that would boost reservations without giving up equity or was an easier way to get individual investors (the accredited isn't a very effective option IMO for individuals), I would agree.

Hopefully this accredited investor option is essentially their way of telling all interested parties (individuals or businesses) that there is a way to invest in the company and will get a handful of interested parties to through some small investments in ($2-5 million)

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio's video was very well done . I had forgotten about the "free" Elio initiative whereby you pay off your Elio as you buy gasoline . That is an incredible idea . By paying 3x the cost of your fill up , you can own and drive your Elio in as little as 3-4 years .
And since the Elio is expected to glean more than 3X the MPG of a standard vehicle , your fuel costs could actually still be less .
Damn , I hope this vehicle makes it to production .

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was an 'Avid Supporter' of Elio Motors in the past, I traveled many hours to see the P3 and P4, Loved the 'idea' and have been following them since 2009. I have seen them go from a 'customer oriented' company.... to a struggling one that doesn't care about their 'paying supporters' and just needs more CASH, by whatever means available.... including 'deceiving' their potential investors. When a $1,000 supporter asks them questions about their ESCROW account and their 'progress' in setting up an 'Engine Manufacturing Facility' that will be able to produce 500 engines per 8 hour shift (one per minute)..... they BLOCK you, without any notification, or reason; so much for 'transparency'. What CASH they do generate via the 'Mall Tour', seems to be going into more 'marketing'; and NOT into producing a "E" Series Pre-Production prototype.... and a TESTING program.

cry.gif
.... same old song

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio's video was very well done . I had forgotten about the "free" Elio initiative whereby you pay off your Elio as you buy gasoline . That is an incredible idea . By paying 3x the cost of your fill up , you can own and drive your Elio in as little as 3-4 years .
And since the Elio is expected to glean more than 3X the MPG of a standard vehicle , your fuel costs could actually still be less .
Damn , I hope this vehicle makes it to production .
for sure, but remember, the longer you owe the more you pay (for interest). Also, there will be a monthly minium

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm no financial whiz... But, I thought it was a nice touch that Paul Elio actually sent out invites to us supporters even though he has to know that most of us don't quality under rules to actually invest like this. I thought it was a touch of class - his way of saying "Thanks for being a supporter. I'd like to give you first shot at investing in our company." I would like to get in and $15,000 isn't much of a budget buster to me but I don't have the equity required. Maybe later, there will be a way to buy common stock during an IPO or something. Still, I like that I was asked.
I agree and would certainly trade some of the stock in my IRA for Elio stock but I don't have the required equity either.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope, no new doubts at all. If you go back and read through my writing relating to the chances of EM success I have always been optimistic in my views but realistic enough to understand that this is a start-up business and failure is an option.

I decided to save you the trouble of having to look it up and actually found a good example of this from exactly one year ago today. This was written only about two weeks after I joined this forum and only a few days after upgrading my reservation to $1K all-in. :cool:
Your only fault is that you are consistently sane and reasonable, in addition to (mostly) being correct and (always) being well-informed. I hate saints!

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The desire for CASH, as you state actually proves they are customer oriented. The CASH desire is so they can follow through on their promise to us, the customers, with a working product. If they didn't have a desire for CASH, then they would be considered not customer-oriented as their priorities at that time would obviously not be about completing and producing a vehicle.

The never deceived their potential investors. Off to the looney bin with that comment.

If you have a refundable deposit, then it is in escrow and they have it if they need to give it back. It's required by law. However they are not your personal banker and have not accountability to respond to your meaningless requests about the escrow account or their progress. They have more important things to be working on than respond to that idiotic inquiry since you are protected by law to be refunded if that is the type of reservation you have. I would have blocked you too.

Let me be clear. YOU ARE NOT AN INVESTOR. YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO KNOW THE INNER WORKINGS OF THE VEHICLE. THEY HAVE ZERO OBLIGATION TO YOU BESIDES REFUNDING YOUR MONEY OR PROVIDING YOU WITH A VEHICLE. This transparency you are seeking if for actual investors with real skin in the game ($1,000 refundable deposit equals ZERO skin in the game and even a $1,000 non-refundable is chump change in the large scheme of things).

Finally, back to your CASH rant about using the raised funds to keep the marketing team moving and that's it. Well, that's all they need to do because the more ground you cover the more you increase your chances in finding qualified investors that will make all the time spent idle (financially) worth it. Yes they want to increase public views and reservations, but the real prize they are after is solid funding. Hence why many companies give out free samples in hopes it crosses paths with a large vendor to solidify their product.
Well 'someone' made out OK on the first THREE filings..... that 'Flopped':
PAST FILINGS
  • They have used $875,000 of the proceeds to make payments to officers and directors of the company.
"Never deceived"; "
"As a company, we have chosen to bring you along for the ride as we develop and fine tune the vehicle for market. So, instead of hiding the prototypes and doing a single unveiling in 2015, we are showing you how the vehicle develops from idea through reality.", and "We're ON TRACK for 3rd Qtr 2015 Production"..... when they KNEW they were Hundreds of Millions short! Last fall they "were no longer looking for investors"..... and NOW this.
The "Transparency" is stated by Paul Elio, as one of the companies "Core Values". As for giving away 'free samples'....... they haven't PRODUCED a product YET!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope, no new doubts at all. If you go back and read through my writing relating to the chances of EM success I have always been optimistic in my views but realistic enough to understand that this is a start-up business and failure is an option.

I decided to save you the trouble of having to look it up and actually found a good example of this from exactly one year ago today. This was written only about two weeks after I joined this forum and only a few days after upgrading my reservation to $1K all-in. :cool:

G1 could have his own TV reality show, "Troll Whisperer", I'll spot you the first bag of chow cause I think they're coming.
You make Cesar Millan look like an amateur. :D

med_gallery_220390_7085_1407144025_104703.jpg

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well 'someone' made out OK on the first THREE filings..... that 'Flopped': "Never deceived"; "
"As a company, we have chosen to bring you along for the ride as we develop and fine tune the vehicle for market. So, instead of hiding the prototypes and doing a single unveiling in 2015, we are showing you how the vehicle develops from idea through reality.", and "We're ON TRACK for 3rd Qtr 2015 Production"..... when they KNEW they were Hundreds of Millions short! Last fall they "were no longer looking for investors"..... and NOW this.
The "Transparency" is stated by Paul Elio, as one of the companies "Core Values". As for giving away 'free samples'....... they haven't PRODUCED a product YET!

Hey dummy! A major investor backed out last minute. They were on track but things change. Similar to savings for vacation then having to replace your Furnance. You were on track but now you no longer are.

And with the free samples example I was referring to the trips from city to city showing off the prototype. You are a few fries short of a happy meal aren't you if you don't get that comparison. (I can't believe someone would compare free samples of other products to actually meaning giving out free CARS for a auto maker....what kind of country do we live in nowadays?)

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems there's been a reality show about everything. Why not one called Elio? Show Paul and his family day to day life, the struggle with meeting the deadlines, etc etc. Couldn't be much dumber then Brooke Knows Best, or Honey Boo Boo. LOL.

Following up, the show should be called "The Last Factory". It would be Paul's struggle to make the factory USA idea still work. Throw in some drama of people, supposedly hired by Caddo Parish or big auto companies, terrorizing Paul now and again, and you got the makings of a top reality show.

At the last show, we would either see Paul doing the walk of shame, realizing USA workers just can't compete with foreign workers (and possible taking his dream to China), or we would see him overlooking his production line, pumping out one Elio after another, with tears of joy running down his face.

Since I'm too poor to invest, perhaps I should send this idea to Paul.

Last edited:
Top Bottom