• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey dummy! A major investor backed out last minute. They were on track but things change. Similar to savings for vacation then having to replace your Furnance.

he has been told several times and knows all this, .... he chooses to ignore info that doesn't fit into his incessant
cry.gif

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
he has been told several times and knows all this, .... he chooses to ignore info that doesn't fit into his incessant
cry.gif
Doesn't surprise me. Reading comprehension seems to be something beyond his grasp. Very frustrating dealing with these haters and doubters trying to stir the pot similar to the mainstream media by spinning something enough times you make something out of nothing.

TO ALL: If you don't like it, NO ONE forced you to make a reservation and NO ONE is keeping you here!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is something I'm wondering about. To invest in Elio you have to be well off. And I assume that's the government making sure we are wealthy enough to take the risk. (nice of them to care). But how come, to buy stock from NYSE or NASDAQ, all you have to do is fund your on-line broker account, and off you are making trades that can be a lot more then 15,000? Why don't they "protect" us then and require the brokers to do a check on us to see if we can afford to take such possible losses?

I don't believe that government should protect us here, I'm just asking the difference in there thinking.
The real answer to your question is that listed stocks have been vetted (screened) against a fairly rigorous set of criteria. There is a less secure form of publicly traded stock which is sold on the "pink sheets" traders use for extremely speculative issues such as Moeller's Aerocar. Such stocks often have no liquidity (you can't sell 'em) because there simply is no market, or a very small market (6 trades per year, say) for them. And the odds of a return are tiny.

At present, Elio wouldn't make it as a listed stock; their financials are simply too unsound. Does that answer your question, Baldy? Unlisted stocks (private placements) are inherently more risky than listed stocks, so the gov't wants to make our decisions for us, as you said. But there is a reason for their caution.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey dummy! A major investor backed out last minute. They were on track but things change. Similar to savings for vacation then having to replace your Furnance. You were on track but now you no longer are.

And with the free samples example I was referring to the trips from city to city showing off the prototype. You are a few fries short of a happy meal aren't you if you don't get that comparison. (I can't believe someone would compare free samples of other products to actually meaning giving out free CARS for a auto maker....what kind of country do we live in nowadays?)
Who was the investor that backed out? I still don't believe that to be the case, but rather Elio's plans for anticipated funds acquired from selling off the excess equipment once they had plant access is a more likely scenario, but that's my perception. I just want my Elio.

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Got mine too....and like the rest....NOT an "Accredited" respondent !!! :(
If people want in so bad, get 67 people to toss in $15,000 each into a LLC. Then invest all $1 million in Elio.

Obviously not the easiest thing to do but it's possible if enough want to badly enough.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Who was the investor that backed out? I still don't believe that to be the case, but rather Elio's plans for anticipated funds acquired from selling off the excess equipment once they had plant access is a more likely scenario, but that's my perception. I just want my Elio.

while the anticipated funds from equipment sales no doubt still is a point of consideration, you'd have to ask the investor question to someone who works inside the company ...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
while the anticipated funds from equipment sales no doubt still is a point of consideration, you'd have to ask the investor question to someone who works inside the company ...
I agree, but I thought the poster seemed so sure about a major investor pulling out they may have asked that question and knew who it was.

Top Bottom