• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Going Base. Have to have Cruise. Think I will get sunroof more as another exit option in case of emergency (if big enough for that, will need to see specs). Want straight stick.
If you are on your side, door down, wouldn't the other window become your sunroof?
If the frame is warped just a little, chances are the sun roof will not operate unless it's a pop up.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are on your side, door down, wouldn't the other window become your sunroof?
If the frame is warped just a little, chances are the sun roof will not operate unless it's a pop up.

I'm betting if you're on your side, door down or not, there won't be much glass left anyway. Don't want to find out! Just saying. ;)

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got the cash to load it up if I want, but it defeats the purpose of having a low cost vehicle. Why buy a $6,800 vehicle then load it up with $10,000 in options? I'll most likely keep it stock. Sunroof would be nice - maybe.

That is comforting for you to have the monies to get whatever options you want. Point or statement has been made. "Then you present to us why load it up with options?" Then you mention that you will keep your Elio stock. Okay, you first speak in first person, then speak in third person, then return to speaking in first person.
Mark A.- my Elio friend, you can ponder options, yet you may want to just wait until the options list is posted. Then you may be surprised at seeing a low cost of individual options (since they will be offered individually not grouped). You, at that point in time- for an extra $50.00 may decide to purchase an option otherwise you would not.
Also we can also get a sheet of paper and make two columns, one titled wants, the other needs. Start writing in the columns items that apply. Then return to your List and underline what is a must have. Then return to your two lists, think of yourself now as an adult, having worked years with long, hard hrs to get where you are now in life, then start drawing circles around the items that you earned the option to have on your ELIO.
I wish you the best Mark Ambrose on your Elio journey. You still have time to get it all figured out and being able to live with your decision while driving your Elio with the choices you made.
:)
Terrence :) Proud to be all in for my Elio!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just cruise control for me. A sunroof on a little vehicle can be really uncomfortable on a very sunny hot day, so if you put one in an Elio, make sure it has a cover, not just glass. I am trying to figure out how to make a streamlined cargo carrier that would fit over the back part of the vehicle.
Yes, John; me to on the rack. I need to know the hardpoints on the body to make the attachments. Same goes for a possible trailer.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, John; me to on the rack. I need to know the hardpoints on the body to make the attachments. Same goes for a possible trailer.

I like the looks of this one! between the roof top carrier, and the dual saddle bags (or whatever they call the hard ones), my wife might actually have enough room to pack for an overnighter somewhere. :D

roadtripper.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
now you've gone and ruined the whole thing. Gads, I'm just cant get it out of my mind.
Maybe we get it to look like a torpedo ready for launch?

I was thinking cruise missile for the people talking on their phones, going 40 mph in the fast lane.;)
Seriously, something 'like' that is on my list of goodies. Gotta make sure the wife can handle sitting in the back seat...short jaunts around the state (baby steps), before I point it towards Colorado to visit family.

Top Bottom