• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got the cash to load it up if I want, but it defeats the purpose of having a low cost vehicle. Why buy a $6,800 vehicle then load it up with $10,000 in options? I'll most likely keep it stock. Sunroof would be nice - maybe.
I have had two autos with sun/moon roof and never use the option once. Some things seem like a good idea but just don't pan out.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can no longer drive any distance without cruise control, so I hope it's included in the standard package. It's like part of the gas peddle. Haven't decided between auto and manual. It would be nice to try each one out on a test drive. When the time comes, I'll probably find that list of options irresistible.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Going Base. Have to have Cruise. Think I will get sunroof more as another exit option in case of emergency (if big enough for that, will need to see specs). Want straight stick.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have had two autos with sun/moon roof and never use the option once. Some things seem like a good idea but just don't pan out.
Same here. Don't like it open when it's hot and sunny, or open on the road because of added noise. I did use mine once on a nice evening as a moon roof. The cars I bought had the S/M roof as part of the option's package. Won't happen with the Elio when purchasing options we want and use only.

I like RMClubfitter's idea of using it as a functional emergency exit if the opening is large enough and manual.

genebee

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the mirrors are adjusted properly you can see a person or object direcly centered behind the vehicle......because it's so narrow.
if you aim the mirrors to see behind , what do you do to change lanes? roll down the window and stick your head out:)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
if you aim the mirrors to see behind , what do you do to change lanes? roll down the window and stick your head out:)

Well....Most of the mirrors I've seen have and advertised 120 deg. viewing angle, with two, you'd have 240 degs of view behind you. That leaves 120 degs, divided by two, or 60 degs per side. Less than 90 degs, so your peripheral vision should pick up on the cars along side without even moving your head......looks good on paper at least!:rolleyes: Can't wait to find out for myself!

Top Bottom