• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

Richad

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
$800 for the automatic seems extreme for a vehicle of this price point. I may just keep it with the standard transmission. I would like a sunroof and bluetooth but it depends on cost.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's one thing to add an $800* automatic transmission to a $20,000 or a $15,000 vehicle (or even $12,000 to a Chevy "Speck"), but to add that amount (almost 1/8 or over 11.75%) to a $6,800 vehicle is another.

Right now, however, that is the ONLY option I MUST have...too much stop and go on my I-10 commute for a stick.

Anyone going to do me one better and go completely BASE model?

*per phone call to Elio, that's the maximum they hope to charge for the automatic transmission option

An automatic transmission is a complicated piece of equipment. Why would it cost less to add it to a low priced car than a $20,000 one?

The way to reach $6,800 is to omission of such high cost items.

ozarkbugg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Pretty much bare bones for me. A trailer hitch is a must. Open rear windows possibly. Maybe a cherry bomb muffler!:p PING, PING, PING. I would also consider a V plow for the front to blow the possums, skunks, coons , deer,and armadillos out of the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom